Gaming [Q] Region locked multiplayer- inside the cia or by the console?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 873
  • Replies 3
D

Deleted User

OP
So my friend wants to buy a 2ds to a9lh it. The problem is that He needs eur console to play with me in multiplayer games because iirc the multiplayer of some games is region locked...
There are lots of places on ebay and amazon that dont mention if the console is eur or usa, and most of them are cheap and dont answer to messages sent to them.there are also lots of verry cheap jpn consoles...
Now the plailect guide has a region change tutorial. My questions are (assuming he will buy a us/jp 2ds and do a9lh)-
1. If w/o doing this tut he will install a eur version of the game (lets say from freeshop)- will we be able to play together? Will region emulation help to accomplish that?
2. If he will do the region change tut. By pleilect to eur- will he be able to play with me multiplayer games that he purchased on the eur eshop?

He has a low budget (like 80$ or something like that) so buying out of region might help him...

Ps. When I said "multiplayer" I meant local/ online/ download and play (which is 100% region locked afaik). I want no restrictions playing with him...

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
it must be in the games themselves, because some games aren't locked and some are.

but yes if you change the region on your console and so you and your friend have the same, and the games also are the same region - it should be perfect.
some games don't like other regions, i think one game i tested, it was the game game and region, but on different region 3ds (region free hack to load) -- and it still didn't work.

anyway, it depends on the game.

D

Deleted User

OP
it must be in the games themselves, because some games aren't locked and some are.

but yes if you change the region on your console and so you and your friend have the same, and the games also are the same region - it should be perfect.
some games don't like other regions, i think one game i tested, it was the game game and region, but on different region 3ds (region free hack to load) -- and it still didn't work.

anyway, it depends on the game.
You said "it depends on the game" - does that mean that even after changing region and installing same version of the game- i will still not achieve 100% compatibility?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
You said "it depends on the game" - does that mean that even after changing region and installing same version of the game- i will still not achieve 100% compatibility?
it depends on the game whether it is friendly with different regions.
if the 3ds (region changed is ok) - if both of the 3ds and the game is the same region, of course no problem :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"