Gaming Q regarding retail games save file when switching to the NN3DS

Nobita!

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, so I have been using GW Classic mode to play my retail Bravely Default game (my sysNAND is 4.x, while emuNAND is 9.5). With the release of the new 3ds, I'm planning to play all of my current and future retail games on the new system, while still keeping the old 3ds for playing ROMs. The question is will the save file from my retail game get deleted when switching to the new 3ds? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm really a noob when technical stuff is involved.

Thanks in advance guys!

Gettwobirdsstone

Triforce Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, so I have been using GW Classic mode to play my retail Bravely Default game (my sysNAND is 4.x, while emuNAND is 9.5). With the release of the new 3ds, I'm planning to play all of my current and future retail games on the new system, while still keeping the old 3ds for playing ROMs. The question is will the save file from my retail game get deleted when switching to the new 3ds? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm really a noob when technical stuff is involved.

Thanks in advance guys!

Mostly all cartridges keeps the saves on the cart themselves, I've seen a thread on here, https://gbatemp.net/threads/warning...on-different-3ds-console.382035/#post-5353048 ,that states that he played MM (retail) on the lower firmware and when he moved to another system it stated the save was corrupted and it automatically erased the save. But where MM is a newer game, maybe this is not the case. Wait for someone who knows more about GW to reply before trying it yourself, as it doesn't give you the option to not erase the save data.

Nobita!

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mostly all cartridges keeps the saves on the cart themselves, I've seen a thread on here, https://gbatemp.net/threads/warning...on-different-3ds-console.382035/#post-5353048 ,that states that he played MM (retail) on the lower firmware and when he moved to another system it stated the save was corrupted and it automatically erased the save. But where MM is a newer game, maybe this is not the case. Wait for someone who knows more about GW to reply before trying it yourself, as it doesn't give you the option to not erase the save data.
Thanks for the reply, Gettwobirdsstone, that's exactly what I fear may happen to my cart. I have invested far too much in the game to see the save file gets deleted. Hopefully someone will know the answer :(

Nobita!

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you'd like to play both retail cards and your backup, you should use Sky3DS. A perfect solution.
Uhm, thanks...but I'm happy with my GW now. Besides, the new 3ds is really appealing to me, just want to try it as soon as I can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)