WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
OP
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
As the title says: Is it possible to port Apache web server and PHP5, to the 3DS? I know that it would probably be the worlds worst web server but it would still be pretty cool.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think Apache would be harder, it needs threading, forking, scheduling, sockets and probably other things. PHP is just a language, you could more easily remove libraries to make some minimal version available.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I was referring to php as a module. It can run scripts on its own but not from a remote server. It need something to run from. like apache.

Edit, nvm I see what you're saying. That's what I meant, you can't port a scripting language. It's a nonsensical idea. The platform needs to be ported. And in this case it would be more realistic to port unix.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porting some stripped down build of Linux (maybe damn small Linux or something) might be of use for this to work. That being said, I think we're still a pretty long way off from that happening.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Porting some stripped down build of Linux (maybe damn small Linux or something) might be of use for this to work. That being said, I think we're still a pretty long way off from that happening.
Even if you get a decent enough port it seems, having seen the remote desktop app, that it would be difficult to get the 3ds to handle data packets effectively.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
OP
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
I suppose it would be better to write a simple web server, from scratch? If FTP homebrew is possible, maybe this is too. As for PHP - forget it, could probably just write a program that works similar to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.