Homebrew [Q]o3DS transferred to n3DS for CFW/ is there a way to extract the saves from o3DS

TheNintendoEnthusiast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys,

I recently downgraded my n3DS via the DSi Downgrade method from v11 and it now has CFW (Yes :D)
I didn't delete anything on the SD card of my o3DS with CFW but since I did the transfer the games that I installed are on the o3DS SD Card are not recognized anymore.

My Question is, is there homebrew to extract the savedata from the SD Card data? I was looking into something called SaveDataFiler but I wasn't sure. I wanted to ask the community before poking around the 3DS files on the SD Card.

Thanks!

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Question is, is there homebrew to extract the savedata from the SD Card data? I was looking into something called SaveDataFiler but I wasn't sure. I wanted to ask the community before poking around the 3DS files on the SD Card.
SaveDataFiler IIRC is a 3DS SDK tool, not homebrew. For homebrew, there's JKSM (GitHub link).

Try seeing what your SD card for your N3DS is formatted as. It sould be FAT32 with a cluster size of 32KB. It cannot be exFAT or NTFS.
What does that have to do with anything?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
not anymore it isn't.

you would've had to backup your saves before you did the transfer. unless you got a nand backup from close before you did the downgrade, theres no way to get the saves of the cia games back

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP said his SD card isn't recognized by his N3DS.
So the first thing you think of is that he magically reformatted it as exFAT or NTFS when the card was previously working just fine in the O3DS.

The real issue is that this is how System Transfer works. Because you transferred from the O3DS to the N3DS, the movable.sed was moved and the O3DS has a new movable.sed. Hence, the "Nintendo 3DS" directory on the SD card is now set up for use on the N3DS.

The solution is to (temporarily?) move the "Nintendo 3DS" directory from the O3DS to the N3DS (with appropriate backups from the N3DS's card as needed), then use JKSM or similar.

drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
So the first thing you think of is that he magically reformatted it as exFAT or NTFS when the card was previously working just fine in the O3DS.
O3DS uses SD and N3DS uses microSD. When I was doing this process, i thought I had done something wrong, when in fact my microSD was exFAT, not FAT32. I'm just trying to tell him that it may be the solution and he may have the same problem I had.

TheNintendoEnthusiast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not anymore it isn't.

you would've had to backup your saves before you did the transfer. unless you got a nand backup from close before you did the downgrade, theres no way to get the saves of the cia games back

I did backup NAND before migrating but that didn't work when I restored it back since the system transfer migrated the information to the n3DS.

So at this point there isn't much I can do?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

O3DS uses SD and N3DS uses microSD. When I was doing this process, i thought I had done something wrong, when in fact my microSD was exFAT, not FAT32. I'm just trying to tell him that it may be the solution and he may have the same problem I had.
I believe this is different but I appreciate your input.

What I'm going to do is just copy all the data from my o3DS SD to the n3DS micro SD and see if the apps will show in the n3DS since it's been "transferred to the n3DS" also I can backup the saves via Save Manager on the n3DS. I'll try that theory after work.

TheNintendoEnthusiast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To give you guys an update

By doing the System Transfer, it deleted all my games I installed via CIAs from my o3DS SD Card :sad:. Oh well, I will start from scratch,

Thanks Guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.