Homebrew [Q] NinjaHax 2.0 & Sky3DS ( + Game Sav Editors)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Apologise if in wrong section but.....

Anyway, been out of the [Gaming] loop for quite a while.

Only recently been back to find there's now 3DS Flashcards (Gateway & Sky3DS) that can run programs etc, & since I've been updating my 3DS - my only option for a 3ds flashcard is really the Sky3ds (I'm on firmware 9.9 or something like that)

I have no idea what all these terms I've found through searching actually mean - like CIA, SysNand etc - but one thing that does seem obvious is that ATM there's no way to be able to edit Sky3DS 'savs'
(If I'm reading right it's something to do with system encryption or something)

There's no Sky3ds forums to post any question/equiries on like this, so posting here to see if anyone can help/advise

One of my favourite games is 'Animal Crossing - New Leaf', but spider's editor only works with some form of backup that you can only get through old firmware explorer glitch (as I said I don't know many of these technical terms being used are) & the Gateway card, but at times, I would like to be able to edit my map sav etc to how I want my village to be (i.e. not so many Rocks for instance) or getting some of the rare items that I'm unable to get hold of due to limited 'friends' etc etc

However, now there's NinjaHax 2.0 - which I believe is basically a 'Homebrew Channel' program, this has got me thinking...

Will there, or do you think, that at some point someone would develop a homebrew app that will allow players to either backup/edit game saves like Animal Crossing ?? - that will work with the Sky3ds card ??
Maybe a way to sav 'un-encryptic' sav files that save editors can use ??
OR
will this be impossible (reading up it seems there may be problems with memory management And Ram allocations etc that may prevent this)

IIRC the Wii had a homebrew app that did something like 'backup sav's to SD Card, whihc you could remove from Wii & use an editor on PC to alter stuff

V3NUS_M1NER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologise if in wrong section but.....

Anyway, been out of the [Gaming] loop for quite a while.

Only recently been back to find there's now 3DS Flashcards (Gateway & Sky3DS) that can run programs etc, & since I've been updating my 3DS - my only option for a 3ds flashcard is really the Sky3ds (I'm on firmware 9.9 or something like that)

I have no idea what all these terms I've found through searching actually mean - like CIA, SysNand etc - but one thing that does seem obvious is that ATM there's no way to be able to edit Sky3DS 'savs'
(If I'm reading right it's something to do with system encryption or something)

There's no Sky3ds forums to post any question/equiries on like this, so posting here to see if anyone can help/advise

One of my favourite games is 'Animal Crossing - New Leaf', but spider's editor only works with some form of backup that you can only get through old firmware explorer glitch (as I said I don't know many of these technical terms being used are) & the Gateway card, but at times, I would like to be able to edit my map sav etc to how I want my village to be (i.e. not so many Rocks for instance) or getting some of the rare items that I'm unable to get hold of due to limited 'friends' etc etc

However, now there's NinjaHax 2.0 - which I believe is basically a 'Homebrew Channel' program, this has got me thinking...

Will there, or do you think, that at some point someone would develop a homebrew app that will allow players to either backup/edit game saves like Animal Crossing ?? - that will work with the Sky3ds card ??
Maybe a way to sav 'un-encryptic' sav files that save editors can use ??
OR
will this be impossible (reading up it seems there may be problems with memory management And Ram allocations etc that may prevent this)

IIRC the Wii had a homebrew app that did something like 'backup sav's to SD Card, whihc you could remove from Wii & use an editor on PC to alter stuff
Smealum is currently working on TDVS, which appears to be a save modifier (injecting saves, or (possibly) extracting them).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs