lijans

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Hi,
I'm on 5.1.0 and did not perform NAND backup yet.
Should I do NAND backup before update to 6.0 or do it after update?

Thanks for advices!

lijans

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Well, do you want the possibility to downgrade? DO a backup and install 6.0.0 with choidujournx.
if you don't care, update the normal way and then backup.

In your opinion is here a point to have downgrade possibility to 5.1? I assume to downgrade to 3.0 or 4.0 would be useful but to 5.1 i'm not sure?

Theoretically, If I would have 5.1 NAND backup and would try to restore it to updated 6.0 system. What will happen then?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
In your opinion is here a point to have downgrade possibility to 5.1? I assume to downgrade to 3.0 or 4.0 would be useful but to 5.1 i'm not sure?

Theoretically, If I would have 5.1 NAND backup and would try to restore it to updated 6.0 system. What will happen then?
My personal opinion.: 6.0.0 breaks a lot of stuff and is useful only for online.
Downgrade to 5.1.0 is possible if you bypass fuse checks to install 6.0.0.
If you used choidujourNX, which would enable autoRCM, you would go back to 5.1.0.
If you update normally, it wouldn't boot until you boot thru RCM (to bypass fuse check) or go back to 6.0.0.

lijans

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
I wouldn't update to 6.0. Also backing up your nand should be the first thing you do after moddin any system.

If I'll do 5.1 NAND backup and will update to 6.0 with burnt fusses then 5.1 NAND backup will be useless, am I right?

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If I'll do 5.1 NAND backup and will update to 6.0 with burnt fusses then 5.1 NAND backup will be useless, am I right?
That is right. The only way the 5.1.0 NAND won't be useless if you update, is if you do the update through ChoidujourNX without burning your fuses, as Kubas_inko said; that way you can downgrade later on if you feel like it

Stoned

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is a Backup from Rawnand.bin Boot0/1 and the System Partitions enought? Or need i a Dump from User too?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What will happen if I'm on 6.0 now (fusses burnt), but has 5.1 NAND backup and will restore it?
Well the console will not start up because the fuse count is higher than the firmware. However, if you can bypass the fuse check by booting into RCM then sending a payload that doubles as a bootloader bypassing the fuse check, you can use the console. But you will lose out on sleep mode since this also checks the fuse count when the console is waking up and cannot be currently patched out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte