Homebrew [Q] Multiple-User CFW/Dual Emunand?

SkyChotik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was wondering if this would be possible.
Would love to see this be a thing, such as when I share my ds with family/friends, I can "switch users" by booting into a different emunand or just "logging out" and going into a second user?

Jair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Multiple Emunands would take a lot of space in your SD. If all you really need are multiple saves, you could use JKSaveManager. It can backup all current saves at once (and I think multiple restore also works). And it allows form multiple named "slots" for saves.

Jair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I have a 32GB SD and I can tell you, it's not that much. It's ~1GB (~2GB in N3DS) per EmuNAND partition plus all the games you have in one partition. If for example you have Pokemon X in all EmuNands, it would take ~8GB total just for that game.

Zanoab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using o3ds, I think a better idea would be setting up a9lh and have everybody get their own sd card with emunand. If somebody wants to play, they would just have to put in their sd card, turn on the 3ds, and start playing.

Reactions: proflayton123

SkyChotik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
32 GB isn't much if you have duplicate games. It isn't even enough to fit all the must-haves. Best get another SD card that they can use, so their saves and games are kept completely separate.
I'll probably get a bigger SD in that case, because swapping the SD on a N3DSXL is a royal pain.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr