Hacking [Q] Moving saves from one memory card to another?

LegendAssassinF

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I recently moved to a 32gb card and wanted to import my save from my 8gb to it so I did VitaShell and the saved the files and then went to the 32gb card to import them. My games aren't reading the save and when I go to use go to save it says I have no memory card so I decided to save and replace that way and still nothing. Is it not possible to move saves from one memory card to another or is it just my game that is giving issues... I am trying this with Danganronpa and I'll be trying Tearaway once I get home from work.

I also tried QCDA but still same issues...

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I recently moved to a 32gb card and wanted to import my save from my 8gb to it so I did VitaShell and the saved the files and then went to the 32gb card to import them. My games aren't reading the save and when I go to use go to save it says I have no memory card so I decided to save and replace that way and still nothing. Is it not possible to move saves from one memory card to another or is it just my game that is giving issues... I am trying this with Danganronpa and I'll be trying Tearaway once I get home from work.

I also tried QCDA but still same issues...

Did you try doing a full memory card backup and then restoring that backup on the new card through qcma? Perhaps the new 32gb card needs formatted first?

LegendAssassinF

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
CALM DOWN Ocelot lol I'll give that a try next. Going to see if it was an error on my end on my transferring my save first. Should I just back up the entire Memory Card?

Taking a long time for the transfer lol I wouldn't think this would work but going to give it a try. It wasn't my save btw still no luck on my 32GB Card. Its weird since I started playing the game and it has no issues but once I transfer the save it has problems.

Last edited by LegendAssassinF,

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
CALM DOWN Ocelot lol I'll give that a try next. Going to see if it was an error on my end on my transferring my save first. Should I just back up the entire Memory Card?

Lol sorry guy. My phone has been acting weird tonight. I refreshed the page and it looked like it didn't post. :P

Yeah I would backup the whole thing

LegendAssassinF

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol sorry guy. My phone has been acting weird tonight. I refreshed the page and it looked like it didn't post. :P

Its ok I figured that was the problem lol

Taking a long time for the transfer lol I wouldn't think this would work but going to give it a try. It wasn't my save btw still no luck on my 32GB Card. Its weird since I started playing the game and it has no issues but once I transfer the save it has problems.

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Its ok I figured that was the problem lol

It is not your save that's probably why. I seem to remember having a similar issue when I tried to give my friend a p$3 save file. The save is tied to the account it was made with.

I think flow mentioned savegame decrypting but I may be wrong...

LegendAssassinF

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It is not your save that's probably why. I seem to remember having a similar issue when I tried to give my friend a p$3 save file. The save is tied to the account it was made with.

I think flow mentioned savegame decrypting but I may be wrong...

He did just don't want to start over on Danganronpa since I already put like 15 hours into it before I got the new card lol I definitely think it is from just taking the save from one memory card to another. If that is the case I am just out of luck but I'll give this a try just in case since I don't mind losing saves from the other games.

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
He did just don't want to start over on Danganronpa since I already put like 15 hours into it before I got the new card lol I definitely think it is from just taking the save from one memory card to another. If that is the case I am just out of luck but I'll give this a try just in case since I don't mind losing saves from the other games.

Hope it works for you. I really enjoyed that game :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: