Hacking [Q] Installing legit CIA to linked emunand

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
However if you want to use freemultipatcher so you can get game updates from e-shop you need to install it on a nand that lets you run unchecked cias like in gateway sysnand mode and it will only let you use it in unchecked nands, however the game updates should work in regular sysnand.

So does that mean that my emunand and sysnand needs to be linked? long story short, my end goal is to be able to install legit .cia to sysnand and being able to update them without ever necessitating booting into gateway sysnand mode.

Basically, i want to install a legit ORAS .cia to my other 3ds and be able to update and play online without having to even touch the gateway card anymore. (Giving it to my brother, we only have 1 gateway card and i'm moving to germany).

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does that mean that my emunand and sysnand needs to be linked? long story short, my end goal is to be able to install legit .cia to sysnand and being able to update them without ever necessitating booting into gateway sysnand mode.

Basically, i want to install a legit ORAS .cia to my other 3ds and be able to update and play online without having to even touch the gateway card anymore. (Giving it to my brother, we only have 1 gateway card and i'm moving to germany).

no, to install legit cias nands dont have to be linked. you can just install ORAS and freemultipatcher in gatewaysysnand mode, run freemultipatcher to allow e-shop access and download the game updates you need (dont close the 3ds or ask to download later while downloading updates while running FreeMultiPatcher), after updates are done you can play in regular sysnand and give youre bro your gateway after that.

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're not going to use gateway anymore, why not just update it completely? Then you won't have any issues.

Or you could just use rxTools and not worry about legit CIAs.
he is using a N3ds so there isn't a way for rxtools yet,
however if there is a way for rxtools on N3ds that I am not aware of, please tell me.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
he is using a N3ds so there isn't a way for rxtools yet,
however if there is a way for rxtools on N3ds that I am not aware of, please tell me.
On new 3ds you can use ReiNand. You'll need a cubic ninja just once, then you can install mset and boot from the DS profile.

Reactions: keven3477

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Think of it this way (assuming ur nands are linked):

Installed it to sysnand: shows up in emunand but doesn't load. Only works on sysnand
Instlaled it to emunand: shows up in sysnand as well but doesn't load. Only works on sysnand.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
He will only able to update to 9.5 on new 3DS, so he will still need the freeMultiPatcher or NTR to access the e-shop. And downloading Updates from the E-shop is much better than using cias from some sites, because he wont need to wait for it to be uploaded. Also if he uses 9.x he will not see the icons on the other nand, if it is only installed on one.
Also there is rxTools 3.0 which could be used to import the ticket.db from sysnadn to emunand(or otherwise, but I personaly uses it from sys to emu, because its saver, also I dont know if Emunand in rxtools 3.0 is working at the moment). On large games this is much faster than installing the game twice. But it will only work if he install all application for usage on both nand, otherwise some may disapear while syncing the ticket.db files.

Reactions: Arithmatics

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
no, to install legit cias nands dont have to be linked. you can just install ORAS and freemultipatcher in gatewaysysnand mode, run freemultipatcher to allow e-shop access and download the game updates you need (dont close the 3ds or ask to download later while downloading updates while running FreeMultiPatcher), after updates are done you can play in regular sysnand and give youre bro your gateway after that.

Well i went ahead and installed everything and I found that I can't run freemultipatcher without booting it in gateway sysnand mode. Meaning i'd still need to give him the gateway.

On new 3ds you can use ReiNand. You'll need a cubic ninja just once, then you can install mset and boot from the DS profile.

But then i wouldn't be able to play ds games at all right? Since it resets the exploit. Does reinand have freemultipatcher or the like?

Also there is rxTools 3.0 which could be used to import the ticket.db from sysnadn to emunand(or otherwise, but I personaly uses it from sys to emu, because its saver, also I dont know if Emunand in rxtools 3.0 is working at the moment). On large games this is much faster than installing the game twice. But it will only work if he install all application for usage on both nand, otherwise some may disapear while syncing the ticket.db files.

Do you mind explaining this ticket.db thing? Like what's it used for?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr