[Q] Installing legit CIA to linked emunand

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kawaii, May 28, 2015.

1. Kawaii
    OP

Kawaii GBAtemp Regular

Apr 30, 2015
    New Zealand
    Not near you
    Can someone clarify what will happen if I install a legit CIA to a linked synand+emunand?

Would the installed CIA be able to be played in sysnand if the legit cia is installed in emunand?
    to my understanding it shares the same data folder because it is still linked together.

Or will sysnand would still not able to read the installed CIA because of non-existence of ticked.db entry in sysnand?

2. StriderVM

StriderVM GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2015
    I think nope.

I installed a legit CIA in my CFW emuNAND and it doesn't load until I go into the CFW. Also have a linked sysnand + emunand.

I think it only works if you use Pasta or PBT which installs stuff in the sysNAND.

3. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    yeah you will need the ticket :) install it again or copy the ticker.db to the nand you want :)

RednaxelaNnamtra and Kawaii like this.
  4. StriderVM

StriderVM GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2015
    May I ask the great cearp on how to do that? :P

5. keven3477

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somwhere you can never find.
    I found that if you install a legit .cia game on emunand, then go to sysnand gw mode and install from there, it will wait a few seconds and say it faild because it was already installed but the .cia will appear as a new software and be playable in sysnand without gateway.

RednaxelaNnamtra and polki like this.
  6. RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2013
    Hi, I'm very interested in this! Could you explain EXACTLY in idiot proof instructions how you do this? I've got a gateway and emunand and installed various cias (all non legit) but I'd like to try putting some legit ones on that show up in sysnand.

No worries if you can't be arsed!

r

keven3477 likes this.
  7. japram

japram Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2015
    Baliuag, Bulacan
    in rxtools i used to extract movable.sed and ticket.db from my emunand and inject to my unlink sysnand to make it work.

8. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    if you are on old3ds you can use rxtools to dump and then inject the ticket.db you want

or use yinfan_lu's 3dsinstalltickets, i think that is what it is called...
    keep in mind some games have a secure value and that is tied to the nand so that can cause problems

or, yes if the guy above says that installing it other the other linked nand will give an error, but give the ticket anyway, then do that :)

9. keven3477

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    first install the legit cia in emunand until its successfully installed using bigblue or devmenu.
    next turn off and turn back on your system and proced to the exploit that loads gw 3.1.2 without having the gateway inserted
    next insert the gateway and hold on the B button while selecting the boot gw mode menu, it should say boot gateway sysnand and after accepting it should tell you to press X to proceed.
    then once loaded press select and load devmenu or bigbluemenu and run it, assuming your preferred cia installer is on your gw cartridge sd.
    install the legit cia's from the first step but instead of waiting for a lot of time you will just wait for a few seconds until it says installation failed software already installed.
    once you do this for all your legit cias you installed, press the home menu and a 3ds pop-up message will appear saying new software installed and the software being the cia's you installed.
    feel free to turn off and on your 3ds again to see that they are playable in system nand.

I find this installation method much safer than simply installing to sysnand because it gives less chances of error occurring during installation and less chances of bricking.

Quantumcat and RitchieRitchie like this.
  10. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    nothing to brick or worry about, and it still touches your real nand just the exact same as if you installed the whole game whilst in sysnand :)

11. Kawaii
    OP

Kawaii GBAtemp Regular

Apr 30, 2015
    New Zealand
    Not near you
    I was thinking about that too. Say if the downloaded legit cia is corrupted or changed in any way that might alter from its original state(that might potentialy cause brick), would installing the cia be possible or will error come out first before we could possibly install that cia?

12. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    if the cia is corrupted then i don't think it would even install :)
    just don't worry about bricking, unless you are doing stuff like manually updating your fw etc

13. japram

japram Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2015
    Baliuag, Bulacan
    hi cearp how about this.

I've experience this before installing a legit cia and not aware yet with checksums.
    importing is not success stop at 99% and after check eshop show as downloaded but no any game icon in my home menu.

title.db recognize in eshop. but cia import corrupted or incomplete.

14. StriderVM

StriderVM GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2015
    Check the region of the eshop title you downloaded in comparison to the system you have?

15. RitchieRitchie

Nov 15, 2013
    Thanks a lot for taking the time to get back to me, really appreciate it! One other thing, my emunand/sysnand are unlinked - does that make a difference?

cheers,

r

16. keven3477

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    they have to be linked in order to work, sorry.

17. RitchieRitchie

Nov 15, 2013
    Oh well! Thanks anyway.

rr

18. SilverfalconLP

SilverfalconLP Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2013
    my old3ds system : sysnand 4.5 unlinked of emunands , sdcard-dualnand (1 partition rxtool nand 9.7 ,2 partition rednand-cfw-4.5 linked ).

Im install one legit-cia on cfw 4.5,extract 1 partition rxtoolnand and sav emunand, extract 2 partition rednand and inyect on 1 partition sdcard,dump whit RXTools ticked.db emunand,reinyect rxtoolnand on partition 1 of sdcard and inject ticked.db emunand

PD:firts im inyect ticked.db of 9.7 on 4.5 cfw if im download any of eshop for update db of cfw

19. Arithmatics

Arithmatics I'll be holding on to you. ;}

Jan 29, 2009
    Malaysia
    Sorry for bumping an old thread but i'm just wondering, does this work with N3DS? I only have that and i'm worried that it might cause irreversible damage if I try.

Also, since my sysnand is on 9.2, if i were to install the legit .cia onto it how would I go about spoofing the firmware in order to update it? Can i install freemultipatcher to my sysnand? Is that even safe?

20. keven3477

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    installing legit cia's is safe for N3ds and can only ruin it by installing system titles you dont know nothing about.
    All of the legit cias dont need to be in the latest firmware to run so 9.2 will be fine.
    However if you want to use freemultipatcher so you can get game updates from e-shop you need to install it on a nand that lets you run unchecked cias like in gateway sysnand mode and it will only let you use it in unchecked nands, however the game updates should work in regular sysnand.

Last edited by keven3477, Sep 23, 2015