Hacking Q: Installing ARM9HL with Emunand, Is This Posible?

Lucidioebb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I´m really want to install ARM9HL in my O3ds. At this moment my SD card has an Emunand Partition and RXTools installed. FBI has been injected on the Health and Safety Application. I´ve been reading the Plailect Guide to install ARM9HL. In Part 4 (2.1.0 Downgrade) the guide declares "If you have an existing EmuNAND, you can follow this part without switching to RedNAND by following all RedNAND steps as if they said EmuNAND".
It´s this posible? Do i have to follow aditional steps? Will i have some trouble on part 5 of the guide?
I don´t want to risk my 3ds or the abbility to run my .cia games.

Lucidioebb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i have a lot of .cia games already installed in my SD card, after completing the guide i will be able to restore it? or ia have to install all of them again?

Lucidioebb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmmmm... Sorry i´m not sure if i understand. The second SD card is for downgrading purpose only? That means that i must follow the whole guide with the second SD card. After i install ARM9LH, i just have to copy de content from one SD card to another?

Reactions: Aerocool

Aerocool

Man in a Box
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Mmmmm... Sorry i´m not sure if i understand. The second SD card is for downgrading purpose only? That means that i must follow the whole guide with the second SD card. After i install ARM9LH, i just have to copy de content from one SD card to another?

Yes, use your 2nd SD to downgrade and install OTP then use your default SD to set up ARM9 CFW and optionally copy your emunand to sysnand.

Lucidioebb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This means that the fith part of the guide (Part 5 (arm9loaderhax)) must be done with my default SD Card?
Sorry if i´m asking a lot but i want to be sure before proceed.

Lucidioebb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a lot of reading on the Plailect guide trying to understand the steps to follow, i decided to follow the guide starting on part 4 (2.1.0 downgrading) because i already have an emunand and an entry point installed (menuhax) with rxtools, however, do i need to install luma before downgrading?

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
After a lot of reading on the Plailect guide trying to understand the steps to follow, i decided to follow the guide starting on part 4 (2.1.0 downgrading) because i already have an emunand and an entry point installed (menuhax) with rxtools, however, do i need to install luma before downgrading?
Yeah that would be smart to do. Just in case. It shouldn't affect but who knows. Also an important step to a successful and clean downgrade is to make a clean system and backups to everything (parts 1-3, if i'm not mistaken). It would be important for you to have at least one working sysnand backup.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes, I believe rxTools blocks FIRM installs so the 2.1.0 downgrade will fail with it and you'll get an error on the verification stage.

Reactions: Urbanshadow

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You can keep your emunand intact provided you use another sd card just for downgrading, it's just that some people choose to delete it completely to recover the 700mb-1gb o3DS or 2GB N3DS. Albeit it's not much space at all if you have a big enough sd card, having an emunand provides an extra (unneeded) security layer to your system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr