Hardware [Q] How does Nintendo stream 3DS at events?

mrhomiec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried searching the forum, and all i could find are threads related to hardware mods.

but at Nintendo events (specifically Pokemon and Smash Bros tournaments), it seems like Nintendo has some way to allow any 3DS to have its top screen captured.

how do they do this? and if possible, can i buy it somewhere?

mrhomiec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you would think tho, that someone would reproduce this device for retail. unless there's some sort of patent or something that's barring people from doing so.

benjymous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you would think tho, that someone would reproduce this device for retail. unless there's some sort of patent or something that's barring people from doing so.

Such things do exist, but require hardware modifications, it's not just something you can plug in:
http://3dscapture.com/

Nintendo themselves have debugging hardware with TV out - you can see some pictures of it being used at an event here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-development-hardware.327858/

2rpe7ie.jpg

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that because they built the hardware they have the blueprints to know where video in's and outs are and they just bypass through a cable and extend it on to a screen(and I'm sure they built in the software to do it properly or they have another modified chip for the proper output and screen resolution)

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
There needs to be a video ribbon that we can connect between the screen and the mainboard, to give us a solderless hardware mod solution for video capture.

mrhomiec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using special modified 3DS systems still does not explain how Nintendo streams any person's system at tournaments. you can't expect people to use their cartridge in a different 3DS. or what if you eShop everything (like me) you can't use another 3DS then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users