[Q] Hardmod - no NAND backup, have fresh emuNAND backup

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mashiro21, Dec 13, 2016.

1. mashiro21
    OP

mashiro21 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2014
    I was not able to create a NAND backup because i'm stupid and i don't read (my SD was full, so when I got to the part where I had to create a NAND backup, i though, "Oh, shit! I can't make on coz my SD is full!" so I pressed B, thinking it was stop, not know it was skip). My 10.7 was downgraded to 9.2, but when I was about to format the 3DS for unlinking, whenever I go to settings, it always froze on the Nintendo 3DS splash screen, so then I thought, meh, tiny format should do the job. Bad choice. After the format, black screened. No a9lh installed yet, so no way to get to the system or any payloads. I can still get to recovery mode and I can get to the update screen, but the moment the update starts and shows the progress bar, it doesn't even take 2 seconds for it to throw the unable to update error. So I would love to know if there's something, anything, I can do about recovery mode (nintendo chat tells me to call them for solutions, but I can't because I'm in the Philippines, and nintendo is blocking private numbers - i use skype) so that I can update then do an autofirm downgrade. If that is not an option, then I go back to my topic's title, can I hardmod my o3dsXL with my emunand backup (which was done immediately before downgrading and before formatting)?

2. invaderyoyo

invaderyoyo invader

Mar 17, 2014
    United States
    Southern California
    Yes, you can flash the emuNAND backup to your sysNAND with a hardmod and it will work as long as it's from the same 3ds.

Last edited by invaderyoyo, Dec 13, 2016