Homebrew [Q]Failed to get CIA file info

The9thBit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying for about an hour to make sysUpdater work. N3DS XL, 10.3, Menuhax. Half the time it just doesn't start, half of those times it DOES work, it freezes when I press Y, and every time it doesn't freeze, it returns this:

"Getting CIA file informations...

titleException:
main.cpp:148: Result: 0xD900182F
Failed to get CIA file info!"

It does this EVERY TIME. I guarentee I have the update files on the system, I know I have an internet connection, and I even checked the SHA1 and MD-5 Checksums on the .zip, and both of them checked out okay. I can not try a different entry point because the old ironfall downloader isn't working, browserhax isn't working, and I don't own Cubic Ninja, Ocarina of Time, or Super Smash Bros. From what I've read however, it SHOULD work on menuhax. I've already tried simply deleting and then replacing the updates folder, and still no dice. I haven't the slightest clue why this is happening, and any guidance would be appreciated. I have tried first launching FTBrony, FTP-3DS, both, neither, and different combinations of force quitting. Didn't help at all.

And for those of you that will tell me to keep trying until it works: I've already tried 30+ times. It would have worked by now. This is very clearly an actual problem that needs to be solved.

EDIT: It finally just started installing things. Just kept trying. Sheesh this thing is finicky...
thanks for everybody that responded so quickly!

Last edited by The9thBit,
Reactions: Games&Stuff

shaneod

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I got this a bunch of times.
I kept trying, and it worked eventually.
Just press B to go back to the homebrew launcher, re-open sysupdater, press Y, repeat until works.

Last edited by shaneod,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1