[Q] Extracting all system titles and make CIA

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by WhoAmI?, Sep 2, 2015.

1. WhoAmI?
    OP

WhoAmI? PASTA's dirty animal

Mar 15, 2015
    Poké Ball
    So, is there a way of extracting all the system titles from my O3DS and make them into a .cia?

Back when all the firmware files were on NUS, I tried downloading the 9.2.0-20E firmware but it turns out that it downloaded 9.0, not 9.2. Why didn't it download 9.2, I don't know. I'm aware that there is really no differences between 9.0 and 9.2 but I still want 9.2, anyways.

Any ideas?

2. usernametaken

usernametaken GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2015
    United States
    If all you want is to update your firmware, just download the desired firmware (9.2.0-20E) from 'that 3ds site with isos'.

There is literally no reason for you to update though, all you'll be doing is risking a brick if the update process screws up.

Stability & adjustments are nintendos way of saying: 'Attempt at blocking flashcarts / exploits'

WhoAmI? likes this.
  3. WhoAmI?
    OP

Mar 15, 2015
    Poké Ball
    Yeah I have a NAND mod and I'm already on 9.2. No risks of me getting a brick, which is great :) Just wanted to know if there was a way of extracting the firmware from the console then build CIA files out of it all.

I know I can get them from that ISO site but I just wanna RIP them from my own system ._. Thanks for the response, tho :-D

4. usernametaken

usernametaken GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2015
    United States
    I see, well here's part of the process: https://gbatemp.net/threads/quick-tuto-decrypt-your-own-native-firmware-or-any-system-titles.396247/

The rest i'm unsure of. :)

If you ask @pakrett i'm sure he'll let you know what else you need to do.
    Or one of the other more knowlegeable members.

WhoAmI? likes this.
  5. WhoAmI?
    OP

Mar 15, 2015
    Poké Ball
  6. pakrett

pakrett GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 6, 2015
    France
    This is a 3DNUS knowed issue, your 9.0.0-20E update is nearly a 9.2.0-20E but 3DNUS has download two wrong titles :
    So you can replace this two titles with those of an update extracted from a retail cartridge, for exemple. This is the easiest way if you want to do it by yourself, or you can download my 9.2.0-20E update pack on "that ISO site" ^^

7. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

Nov 18, 2012
    United States
    Las Vegas
    Just use the .cias from a decrypted 9.2-update game.