Hacking [Q] Error on boot followed by strange brick

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to send it in with a blank pre-A9LH 9.2 NAND, so it doesn't have anything. I dont think they can transfer it.

Also, can you elaborate more on the SD padgen?
Hey so the new firmware update just came out, and you might or might not be able to hack your system when you get it back... You might want to reconsider sending it off to Nintendo, because they'll almost definitely update it.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I'm going to send it in with a blank pre-A9LH 9.2 NAND, so it doesn't have anything. I dont think they can transfer it.

Also, can you elaborate more on the SD padgen?
Have you even restored the 9.2 NAND? If so, and it still errors out, then I'm out of ideas. You might want to hold back on sending it off to Nintendo due to 11.0, unless you

Deleted member 310901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so the new firmware update just came out, and you might or might not be able to hack your system when you get it back... You might want to reconsider sending it off to Nintendo, because they'll almost definitely update it.

Ouch, the timing for this couldn't be any worse... It's already unusable at this point anyway. Better to be able to use it rather than not being able to use it at all.

Unless there's something else I can do?

Last edited by Deleted member 310901,

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh damn, the timing for this couldn't be any worse... It's already unusable at this point anyway. Better to be able to use it rather than not being able to use it at all.

At this point, you might as well. smealum's confirmed he's gonna update the OoThax payload, but I'm not sure if anyone's confirmed that 11.0 can still be downgraded yet.

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Ouch, the timing for this couldn't be any worse... It's already unusable at this point anyway. Better to be able to use it rather than not being able to use it at all.

how about you try to restore that old 9.2 backup you have with the (keep a9lh) restore option in, uh, which one of them, was it decrypt9 that had it? so many of these apps have nand backup/restore I get confused.

decrypt9 or emunand9 or otphelper. anyway it's like nand->sysnand->restore (keep a9lh) or something.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

opa334

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I ran out of space for the SD padgen...
Didn't know how the SD padgen actually worked, try out the following:
1. Backup everything on your SD Card (IMPORTANT)
2. Get into SD/Nintendo 3DS/SysNand1/SysNand2(these are random letters, just choose the folder with the biggest filesize if there are multiple)/title
3. Search for "content" in Windows Search and let it load up everything
4. Select everything by pressing CTRL+A and delete it
5. Also make sure to delete the existing padgens on the SD Root / inside the Decrypt9 directory, if you have one
6. Enter decrypt9 and let it generate the padgens, choose the folder "title"
7. When it's done, copy the padgens to your computer
8. Restore the SD Backup you made in step 1

You are basically temporally deleting every game / title except for it's save, which is stored seperatly in a "data" folder next to the "content" folder, to generate the pads only for your save data and after that, you restore everything again. I have not tested this, but it should be absolutly safe if you make a backup beforehand!

If they send you a new unit, you will be able to use the xorpads to decrypt your saves and then encrypt them using the xorpads of your new unit. (Which will probably be hard to do, so just pray that they wont send you a new unit)

I apologise in advance for (probably) some grammar mistakes :/

Last edited by opa334,

Deleted member 310901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't know how the SD padgen actually worked, try out the following:
1. Backup everything on your SD Card (IMPORTANT)
2. Get into SD/Nintendo 3DS/SysNand1/SysNand2(these are random letters, just choose the folder with the biggest filesize if there are multiple)/title
3. Search for "content" in Windows Search and let it load up everything
4. Select everything by pressing CTRL+A and delete it
5. Also make sure to delete the existing padgens on the SD Root / inside the Decrypt9 directory, if you have one
6. Enter decrypt9 and let it generate the padgens, choose the folder "title"
7. When it's done, copy the padgens to your computer
8. Restore the SD Backup you made in step 1

You are basically temporally deleting every game / title except for it's save, which is stored seperatly in a "data" folder next to the "content" folder, to generate the pads only for your save data and after that, you restore everything again. I have not tested this, but it should be absolutly safe if you make a backup beforehand!

If they send you a new unit, you will be able to use the xorpads to decrypt your saves and then encrypt them using the xorpads of your new unit. (Which will probably be hard to do, so just pray that they wont send you a new unit)

I apologise in advance for (probably) some grammar mistakes :/

Sorry for troubling you but how do I restore them? I have them backed up in multiple locations but I'm lost on how restoring works.

Just as a final note: Thanks for the help guys!

Reactions: CrispyYoshi

opa334

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry for troubling you but how do I restore them? I have them backed up in multiple locations but I'm lost on how restoring works.

Just as a final note: Thanks for the help guys!
Them? The SD Card? You probably want to delete the Nintendo 3DS folder and replace it with the one of your backup, if that's what you meant by restoring. If you want to restore the saves, I would suggest to wait, as it's pretty annoying to do. You would have to create each save on your new unit, get the xorpad of them and then decrypt the save from your orginal 3ds and reencrypt it with the xorpad of your new 3ds. (It might be possible to reinsert the decrypted save with some save manager, but don't quote me on that) If you have the SD xorpads, just restore the 9.2 NAND from Decrypt9 and send in the console, althrough they will probably update it, so you might have to hardmod.

Zan'

2F88744FEED717856386400A44BBA4B9CA62E76A32C715D4F
Trophies
XP
Country
well if it works we know its not hardware
If its a hardware issue that wont help.
Both of you are mistaken actually. NAND Chip failures are 100% a hardware problem which you can circumvent by using a redNAND setup.

Fixed that for you.

Reactions: Seriel

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both of you are mistaken actually. NAND Chip failures are 100% a hardware problem which you can circumvent by using a redNAND setup.

Fixed that for you.
i wasnt mistaken if his system is still letting him load payloads and thus cfw he can use a emu/rednand. if the nand was totally dead it would blue screen with nand not found

mokmoki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

a9lh question: will you still be able to create a rednand and flash a backup to it once the sysnand chip fails (after the fact)?

Last edited by mokmoki,

Zan'

Trophies
XP
Country
question: will you still be able to create a rednand and flash a backup to it once the sysnand chip fails?
If you have a valid NAND backup. You sure can. At least if everything else is working.

Last edited by Zan',

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya as long as a9lh is still working the nand isnt totally dead so you can run emunand9 and make a rednand using the backup you have

Zan'

Trophies
XP
Country
i wasnt mistaken if his system is still letting him load payloads and thus cfw he can use a emu/rednand. if the nand was totally dead it would blue screen with nand not found
You are mistaken saying if it would work yoh KNEW it wasn't hardware. Because you don't. It can be connection failures or a partially broken NAND chip. RedNAND would still work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.