Hacking [Q] EmuNAND don't update to 10.4

Argentlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a Old 3DS with unliked nands using Rxtools and my Emunand is in 10.3.0-28U
when I tried to update it give me a error saying to hold the power button and try again

When I update from 9.2 to 10.3 my 3ds was on linked nands, maybe is that?

Last edited by Argentlan,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
welll updating on linked nands is dangerous thats a big no no, just keep trying the update could be connection error

Argentlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My nands are already unliked, in fact I don't know how to inject Nand, just emuNand lol
Now I injected my old 9.2 nand to emunand and tryed to update, it is now updating, but all my cias are gone
I only remember to overwrite AGB_FIRM in the other nand, maybe it mess with my nand?

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My nands are already unliked, in fact I don't know how to inject Nand, just emuNand lol
Now I injected my old 9.2 nand to emunand and tryed to update, it is now updating, but all my cias are gone
I only remember to overwrite AGB_FIRM in the other nand, maybe it mess with my nand?

Sorry, but are you sure you unlinked your nands?

if you had them unlinked means you have different fw versions in each... in sysNAND you have a blank console (just like you bought it) and in emuNAND you have everything you used to have (saves, CIAs installed, etc...)

To me it seems you didnt unlink them properly. (did you use tinyformat?)

Argentlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry, but are you sure you unlinked your nands?

if you had them unlinked means you have different fw versions in each... in sysNAND you have a blank console (just like you bought it) and in emuNAND you have everything you used to have (saves, CIAs installed, etc...)

To me it seems you didnt unlink them properly. (did you use tinyformat?)
Yes, I used tinyformat, I have different nintendo ID in each nands and never conected sysnand to the internet
but in the first time I updated the emunand I was on linked nands

Attachments

• 2016-01-21 13.27.59.jpg
    2016-01-21 13.27.59.jpg
    556.8 KB · Views: 303

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Keep the thread simple first. HOW are you trying to update? Are you going into Other Settings (in emunand) and going to System Update? If you are invoking it from clicking update from the home screen, etc, you are doing it wrong (and dangerious) and only reason it is failing is because your SYSNAND and EMUNAND are unlinked (so be grateful), because if you made this kind of mistake when they are linked, you would have updated your SYSNAND to 10.4.

Argentlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You could update manually using sysupdater. Get the 10.4 update cias for your region via 3dsnus.
i'll try, but is a temporaly solution right? through the memchuck was patched in 10.4

Keep the thread simple first. HOW are you trying to update? Are you going into Other Settings (in emunand) and going to System Update? If you are invoking it from clicking update from the home screen, etc, you are doing it wrong (and dangerious) and only reason it is failing is because your SYSNAND and EMUNAND are unlinked (so be grateful), because if you made this kind of mistake when they are linked, you would have updated your SYSNAND to 10.4.
I'm trying to update by the other settings>system update in emunand
and when I inject my old untouched nand (9.2) it update but all my cias are gone

Argentlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It will work on 10.4 emunand and it may fix the error you are getting for future updates.
Use this version without memchuckhax2. It should work.

https://github.com/profi200/sysUpdater
"IMPORTANT: Don't run this with any sort of firmware spoofing enabled like Gateway mode/rx mode/whatever or it will brick!" sooo how can I boot emunand without rxmode? '-'
or it is only for the 3dsx version? because there's no reason to came with a Cia version if it not work on rxmode I think

Last edited by Argentlan,

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
"IMPORTANT: Don't run this with any sort of firmware spoofing enabled like Gateway mode/rx mode/whatever or it will brick!" sooo how can I boot emunand without rxmode? '-'
or it is only for the 3dsx version? because there's no reason to came with a Cia version if it not work on rxmode I think
Thats a waring for sysnand I bealive. Make a emunand backup first. If anything goes wrong just restore.

Argentlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
sysupdate give a error now
2016-01-21 15.00.16.jpg

and it fails when I check by safesysupdater
scr_1_TOP_LEFT.png

problem with 3dsnus? I'll redownload just in case
That is what i'm putting in 3dsnus