Homebrew [Q] Can people stop asking for copies of NAND?!

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
OP
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
Okay, I don't know why people ask for copies of other peoples NAND.... Pretty sure it won't be of any use to them (encrypted, console unique, etc).

Anyone else been asked this? Is what this dude asking for, even possible? I remember seeing on 3DBrew that swapping a consoles NAND requires modification of various files but I'm honestly clueless...

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe they're developing an update remover! It appears I'm the only one researching update nags, and with a sample size of 1, current knowledge is that you must have a directory diff + backups of initial condition, all specific to the exact pair of source and destination version :P

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
OP
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
Maybe they're developing an update remover! It appears I'm the only one researching update nags, and with a sample size of 1, current knowledge is that you must have a directory diff + backups of initial condition, all specific to the exact pair of source and destination version :P

You do know you can put the console into recovery mode, right? That deletes the update nag until it re-downloads it again. Most people just turn off WiFi in sleep mode.

valyr

Trophies
XP
Country
what im actually doing is building a flashable 9.2 nand.bin as i lost mine this requires injecting "clean" firm1.bin and firm0.bin files into the 9.2 emunand using rxtools
as it is now imposible to use a standard emunand made after 7.1 because of the way gateway patches the 7.x encryption as a sysnand anymore (you could before 7.x)

Reactions: DarkFlare69

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
OP
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
what im actually doing is building a flashable 9.2 nand.bin as i lost mine this requires injecting "clean" firm1.bin and firm0.bin files into the 9.2 emunand using rxtools
as it is now imposible to use a standard emunand made after 7.1 because of the way gateway patches the 7.x encryption as a sysnand anymore (you could before 7.x)

Uh, couldn't you jus spoof the Soap response of NIN then update sysNAND to 9.2, again? This should make the new fim files that you're after... Yifanlu made a tutorial about it, but it was for the Japanese N3DS - you can do the same to your current console...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P