Hacking [Q] Can I safely update the N3DS to 9.2 somehow? (System Transfer question)

Simplicity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I recently purchased a New 3DS XL. I found out it wouldn't have 9.0 - 9.2, so I traded it plus a considerable amount of money for a N3DS that has firmware 9.0 on it.

I want to do a system transfer from my Day 1 O3DS which is on 9.2, to my New 3DS which is on 9.0. I believe I can do this, so long as the sytem versions are the same.

Is there any way for me to update my N3DS to 9.20 safely? Will this allow me to do a system transfer? (It isn't going to want me on the latest firmware I assume?)
Is there any consequences to having 9.20 vs 9.0 that is noteworthy?

I have Cubic Ninja, if that helps.

Thanks for your time, and information!

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I recently purchased a New 3DS XL. I found out it wouldn't have 9.0 - 9.2, so I traded it plus a considerable amount of money for a N3DS that has firmware 9.0 on it.

I want to do a system transfer from my Day 1 O3DS which is on 9.2, to my New 3DS which is on 9.0. I believe I can do this, so long as the sytem versions are the same.

Is there any way for me to update my N3DS to 9.20 safely? Will this allow me to do a system transfer? (It isn't going to want me on the latest firmware I assume?)
Is there any consequences to having 9.20 vs 9.0 that is noteworthy?

I have Cubic Ninja, if that helps.

Thanks for your time, and information!

No one can answer your "safe" question but yourself after you have gained knowledge. Is having butt sex with a crack whore using a Goodyear steel belted condom safe? I dunno, maybe, it depends.

Start with researching 3DNUS and UpdateCDN. It sounds like you may have found the "eshop spoof" thread. Hopefully you have read at substantial chunk of it. It is never farther back than page 2.

9.0 and 9.2 are the same thing other than "stability enhancements for a better user experience". i.e. N trying to thwart GW.

BTW: good job giving us version numbers and such. That helps generally but in this

Simplicity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
System transfer from 9.2 to 9.0 should work provided you patch the update checks.

I blocked Nintendo's servers to prevent updates/update checks, however a system transfer requires you connect to those same servers. I am glad that 9.2 - 9.0 "should" work. I believe that if I unblock Nintendo's servers, and try to do a transfer it will insist I update. I will check and update here.

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I blocked Nintendo's servers to prevent updates/update checks, however a system transfer requires you connect to those same servers. I am glad that 9.2 - 9.0 "should" work. I believe that if I unblock Nintendo's servers, and try to do a transfer it will insist I update. I will check and update here.

No, you need to patch nim to not check for updates. Just blocking DNS won't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.