Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

Q*Bert, the classic arcade isometric platformer is getting a reboot and it's coming to PS4/PS3/Vita! Q*Bert Rebooted will feature both the classic Q*Bert game and a new reboot with multiple changes. Cubes are replaced by hexagons, allowing more complex level designs, new time challenges, new enemies, new playable characters, new powers ups and much more!​
The complete, original version of Q*Bert is only half of the equation. Gonzo Games, Sideline Amusements, Games Production Company, and we here at LOOT Entertainment are also bringing to PlayStation a completely reimagined Q*Bert game: Q*Bert Rebooted. To keep it short and sweet: you get two great Q*Bert games (on all three PlayStation platforms) for the price of one.
You can grab Q*Bert Rebooted on Feb. 17th in the US and Feb. 18 in the EU!​

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally, a reason to buy a playstation 4!!!

REALLY_SNL_AIGflv.jpg
[/soiler]

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Of all franchises why Q*bert? I mean I'm glad to see it but... why?
Anyway probably getting it for Vita.

Sony owns Q*Bert, and it was one of the more popular arcade machines back in the day. Only makes sense to reboot it. Well, it doesn't really make much sense, but all kinds of games are getting re-released and such, might as well try to cash in as well. :lol:

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Why post Sony news on a Nintendo-centered fansite?
Because this site has stopped being Nintendo centered. The name GBAtemp is acknowledging the site's foundation as a home for temporary GBA ROM's and the GBA scene itself over a decade ago. The DS scene found a home here, but as the DS scene began to wind down, the site needed something to do with itself while the 3DS scene was nonexistent and the Wii scene had started to dry up. It began to shift towards a more video game-centric site than necessarily a Nintendo-centric one. That shift is basically complete with plenty of coverage of Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft. Honestly, we still don't cover Microsoft much, but Sony and Nintendo get about equal amounts of coverage. We've actually been a little Sony heavy at times when the 3DS scene was slow and Nintendo had hit patches of nothing to talk about with the 3DS and Wii U. Especially with the Wii U not being exceptionally popular with all of our members, by avoiding being entirely focused on Nintendo, we give all of our members reason to stick around and discuss games.

GBAtemp is acknowledging this site's origin, not forcing it to acknowledge only a single fanbase. As such, people shit on Sony, people shit on Nintendo, and people shit on Microsoft. At the same time, there is plenty of appreciation for all three both in the form of praise, reviews, and their own self contained sections.

On topic: Neat. I'll grab it on my Vita.

Reactions: T-hug

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You picked this as worthy of news and mentioned nothing of the PS4 version of the frankly fukkin AWESOME Super Stardust, out next week!!, 4 player split screen, 20% off for Plus subscribers etc etc? I'm wetting meself with excitement here :lol: ....Q*Bert can go fukk himself (which might be quite easy for him looking at him...)

Tiffani

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might have to look into this. I remembering playing a lot of Q*bert when I was younger. It was second only to Pac-man for me.

D

Deleted User

Eh, I like Q*Bert, but I kinda dislike the look of the reboot, plus, we already have Q*Bert Classic on our downstairs PS3.
We still might get it just to see what the reboot portion is actually like, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: both of which work well in potplayer