Hacking [Q] Anyone manage to create a simple emuNAND homebrew yet?

Unkn0wn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As the title says, has anyone managed to create a simple emuNAND homebrew yet?

Basically, what I mean is - I'm running sysNAND 9.2 and I'd prefer to run emuNAND too, but unfortunately Gateway want you to buy their flashcard first before you can even boot into the emuNAND.

I don't want to downgrade my console then use MT Cards software for emuNAND because then I can't play Pokemon Y without erasing it first (NOT GONNA HAPPEN).

So, has anyone managed to create a Launcher.dat for the browser exploit that simply boots you into emuNAND? I don't care about devmenu of any of that.

Thanks!

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the web exploit to boot into emunand. That should let you keep your pokemon save. You will still need to buy GW though.

Unkn0wn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can use the web exploit to boot into emunand. That should let you keep your pokemon save. You will still need to buy GW though.

I seriously can't. The web exploit lets you create the emuNAND but if the created emuNAND version is over 4.5 then it won't boot. Try it for yourself - it won't boot a 9.2 emunand unless you have a gateway card.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seriously can't. The web exploit lets you create the emuNAND but if the created emuNAND version is over 4.5 then it won't boot. Try it for yourself - it won't boot a 9.2 emunand unless you have a gateway card.

Emunand is not going to boot at all without the GW card and the need files on the SD card.

Unkn0wn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Have you guys not even glanced at the multitude of threads telling you how to downgrade and/or boot into emunand without a gateway card (I'm currently running a 4.5 3ds which started at 9.2, with 9.5 emunand and I've never even seen a gateway card in real life. If you use the MT loader instead of the gateway one, there is no version check, so you can boot whatever emunand you want.

Unkn0wn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you guys not even glanced at the multitude of threads telling you how to downgrade and/or boot into emunand without a gateway card (I'm currently running a 4.5 3ds which started at 9.2, with 9.5 emunand and I've never even seen a gateway card in real life. If you use the MT loader instead of the gateway one, there is no version check, so you can boot whatever emunand you want.

Ok, some people need to learn how to read. I've already downgraded before and tried using the MT card exploit (as already stated) - once I update the MT Card emunand and try to run Pokemon, it says that the save data is corrupt - simply because of the encryption key. Pokemon was intended for use with 6.x - not 4.x which has a different key. I decided to restore my nand back to 9.2 just so I could play Pokemon. Now there's the issue about an accidental update - I can't use streetpass because if I put the console to sleep, it'll try updating itself.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have not as I don't see the need to downgrade as you can either use the online exploit or use Go GW. Also I've never used the MT Card either. In any case that is pretty cool.

Unkn0wn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have not as I don't see the need to downgrade as you can either use the online exploit or use Go GW. Also I've never used the MT Card either. In any case that is pretty cool.

What firmware you using? You manage to boot into classic mode with emuNAND 9.2> without a gateway?

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
As the title says, has anyone managed to create a simple emuNAND homebrew yet?

Basically, what I mean is - I'm running sysNAND 9.2 and I'd prefer to run emuNAND too, but unfortunately Gateway want you to buy their flashcard first before you can even boot into the emuNAND.

I don't want to downgrade my console then use MT Cards software for emuNAND because then I can't play Pokemon Y without erasing it first (NOT GONNA HAPPEN).

So, has anyone managed to create a Launcher.dat for the browser exploit that simply boots you into emuNAND? I don't care about devmenu of any of that.

Thanks!

This just popped up in my head, i'm not sure at all if this will work.

1) Take the SD card out of your 3ds
2) create a backup, and format the SD card
3) place gateways launcher.dat, and backup your nand
4) place your nand.bin backup on your computer
5) place the appropriate downgrade package on your SD cart
6) Downgrade your 3ds
7) Create Emunand
8) Format your Nand
9) Boot into Emunand classic mode using Mt-launcher
10) Update your Emunand
11) place backup of SD card back on the SD card

I'm not sure, but i think you got a updated emunand now which has your pokemon save.
And a 4.5 3ds Nand

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

6) Downgrade your 3ds
7) Create Emunand
8) Format your Nand
10) Update your Emunand

I'm not sure, but i think you got a updated emunand now which has your pokemon save.
And a 4.5 3ds Nand

nope, he won't be able to play pokémon Y because the save encryption problem will resurface

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why? emunand is an exact copy of nand?
You only place the save back when your system is updated again

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can you boot into Emunand with Mt in 9.5 Emunand?
In this case just re-Update your Nand?

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you select classic mode, it should boot without the card. If you don't have the card - it won't boot anything over 4.5. If I could boot without the gateway - why would I have created this post? Read the replies on this post: http://gbatemp.net/threads/q-convert-nand-backup-into-emunand-for-mt-card-exploit.380590/

I'm not the only one with this problem.

In fact, it don't. Even if it say it can run without the GW but with limited functions, it never booted for me without the card (and some peoples confirmed it's the same for them). Maybe they done it once then removed the possibility but forgot to remove the message.

lPolarisl

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I have the same issue and why is this so difficult to understand xD

We need either a save file converter from saves>6.x to saves<6.x, or a way to run emunand with 9.2;9.0 sysnand WITHOUT a gateway...

Pretty please :P

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
[A] No, nobody has released a publicly available launcher.dat which works with the web exploit to launch an emulated NAND from the SD card.

You need to buy a gateway card, or downgrade to 4.5 and lose your saves, as the mt launcher used the ds profile exploit.

Unkn0wn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

6) Downgrade your 3ds
7) Create Emunand
8) Format your Nand
10) Update your Emunand

And a 4.5 3ds Nand

I can't use MT Launcher without downgrading. If I downgrade, I still can't use Pokemon because of the save encryption. Doesn't matter if I update the emuNAND - I must have a sysNAND over 6.x to be able to play my Pokemon game without erasing the save data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse