Hacking [Q] Anyone manage to create a simple emuNAND homebrew yet?

Unkn0wn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
[A] No, nobody has released a publicly available launcher.dat which works with the web exploit to launch an emulated NAND from the SD card.

You need to buy a gateway card, or downgrade to 4.5 and lose your saves, as the mt launcher used the ds profile exploit.

Hopefully someone will release one. I don't want to blow like £60 on a card that probably costs a lot less to make, neither can I afford it. I'd rather buy some hacking gear with that cash. *Cough* WiFi Pineapple.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hopefully someone will release one. I don't want to blow like £60 on a card that probably costs a lot less to make, neither can I afford it. I'd rather buy some hacking gear with that cash. *Cough* WiFi Pineapple.

Then you'll need to wait for someone to get their head out of their "but i don't like piracy" organ.

Unkn0wn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Then you'll need to wait for someone to get their head out of their "but i don't like piracy" organ.

I guess. Not sure how a simple emuNAND hack can cause piracy though. Some dude managed to get arm9 homebrew running through the web exploit (correct me if I'm wrong. The post about it is somewhere on gbatemp).

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you guys not even glanced at the multitude of threads telling you how to downgrade and/or boot into emunand without a gateway card (I'm currently running a 4.5 3ds which started at 9.2, with 9.5 emunand and I've never even seen a gateway card in real life. If you use the MT loader instead of the gateway one, there is no version check, so you can boot whatever emunand you want.

I tried this last night with the latest version of the MT card launcher and I could only boot into classic mode without an MT card, not the full mode. I have a Gateway but I'd love for someone to create a launcher that boots emuNAND without the need for a card simply so I can use my DS flash card (which requires sysNAND) without needing to carry around the Gateway red card as well.

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess. Not sure how a simple emuNAND hack can cause piracy though. Some dude managed to get arm9 homebrew running through the web exploit (correct me if I'm wrong. The post about it is somewhere on gbatemp).

because a "simple emunand hack" is a step or two away from enabling piracy. The only kind of homebrew you'd be able to use is ninjhax homebrew, and even that was patched out of firmwares 9.3 and up, so it'd be kinda pointless if you updated it. if it didn't allow homebrew, people would bitch and moan about it. Why don't you ask gateway if they'll make a "GWLite" launcher that allows for emunand, but no homebrew/hacked roms, etc. They're probably the only ones with the knowledge to do so that might actually release it.

Unkn0wn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
because a "simple emunand hack" is a step or two away from enabling piracy. The only kind of homebrew you'd be able to use is ninjhax homebrew, and even that was patched out of firmwares 9.3 and up, so it'd be kinda pointless if you updated it. if it didn't allow homebrew, people would bitch and moan about it. Why don't you ask gateway if they'll make a "GWLite" launcher that allows for emunand, but no homebrew/hacked roms, etc. They're probably the only ones with the knowledge to do so that might actually release it.

Good point. I'd still be able to use Cubic Ninja however. If I had emuNAND while still on 9.2, I can use Cubic Ninja to change my emuNAND theme with a custom one via the 3ds home menu tool.

Unkn0wn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pokemon is card2... just dump your game (includes save )with gateway, decrypt it, then import it via SDF.

Don't think the save encryption would be supported though. I'd also prefer to play an untouched, legit copy of my game. I have less of a risk of save corruption too. Sure, I could back it up but that's besides the point - I feel more comfortable with using my retail cards. Just a personal preference.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't think the save encryption would be supported though. I'd also prefer to play an untouched, legit copy of my game. I have less of a risk of save corruption too. Sure, I could back it up but that's besides the point - I feel more comfortable with using my retail cards. Just a personal preference.

You CAN"T dump the save anyway. It will give you an error.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because people are being stupid, here's the summary and explanation for everything:

OP wants to use Sysnand 9.2 with Emunand 9.4 w/o a gateway. So he can play pokemanz.

This is impossible, seeing as gateway has included DRM and various card-required functions in order to boot later emunands. The solution for people without a gateway is to use the MT-Launcher.

The MT-Launcher doesn't run on anything but 4.X sysnand, as it uses the DS-profile exploit rather than the new web browser exploit. Which means you are stuck with old keys and no pokemanz (unless you reset your save file).

The solution is to wait for someone to make a new emunand launcher for 9.2 (not gateway), or downgrade and don't play your old pokemon save. Either that, or sit on 9.2 and play pokemon on that FW.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So how are you going to create emunand, how are you going to install cfw on 9.2?

The only thing needed is knowledge. We need to know what code and services (and maybe ugly patches and some tricks) are needed to make the system reboot and load certain sectors of the SD card as the NAND instead of the sysNAND. Redirected NAND, and there's no documentation on how to achieve that yet.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this last night with the latest version of the MT card launcher and I could only boot into classic mode without an MT card, not the full mode. I have a Gateway but I'd love for someone to create a launcher that boots emuNAND without the need for a card simply so I can use my DS flash card (which requires sysNAND) without needing to carry around the Gateway red card as well.

I'm not understanding why you need emunand if you want to play DS card games...just boot sysnand and load the ds card.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing needed is knowledge. We need to know what code and services (and maybe ugly patches and some tricks) are needed to make the system reboot and load certain sectors of the SD card as the NAND instead of the sysNAND. Redirected NAND, and there's no documentation on how to achieve that yet.

someone already compressed all the files need and its somewhere on this site, some thread. I suggest you get started if you want to fulfull the OP's request.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
someone already compressed all the files need and its somewhere on this site, some thread. I suggest you get started if you want to fulfull the OP's request.

Well all my current projects are dormant, and I don't made any single program or anything public because them are useless for everyone but me. I'm not interested to start working on something that I surelly will be not able to handle/update/debug. System hacking are serious bussines, and all my current works are proof of learning/working.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That explains why you can boot into emunand. What firmware you using? Try booting into classic mode without having the gateway card inserted.
Why would Gateway want you to be able to boot in to emuNAND without their flash cart? Their profits would immediately go from a lot to a lot of nothing.

You could afford to buy a 3DS console but you can't afford the price of two games for it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn