Homebrew [Q] Any update on a CFW that doesn't rely on the crash during boot up?

ThePanchamBros

Hates the Undertale Fandom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I read somewhere that there was a boot up that was faster but can't seem to find it now. I currently use Reinand and it takes a bit to load every boot so just wondering if there has been an update on this sort of thing yet.
Join the Arm9LOaderHAx master race. It takes about 7-11 seconds to boot, and allows cfw on your sysnand. The process of getting Arm9LOaderHax on your 3ds takes about 5-6 hours, and follow every step of the guide closley. https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Deleted member 386348

local death grips enthusiast
Trophies
XP
A9LH with Luma3DS is my preference. I'm not trying to be LE EPIC ARM9LOADERHAX MASTER RACE XDDD but I think it's worth it. Of course, it does take a lot of time to set up, but if you have a free weekend, you can spend a couple hours on it. Really, most of the time spent is the 3DS backing up NANDS and transferring. Just play a game or watch TV or whatever you do for fun to pass time while it's transferring.

Reactions: Deleted User

Ann0ying

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not trying to be LE EPIC ARM9LOADERHAX MASTER RACE XDDD but I think it's worth it.

You aren't trying to, you already are. BOOM
yx1LYb.gif

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there's one internet meme that actually does offend me, it's appending master race to something that has nothing to do with genetics to make it sound superior. Mainly because people just don't seem to think twice about using that phrase so nonchalantly, ignorant of the horrible origin.

Last edited by dronesplitter,

Deleted member 386348

local death grips enthusiast
Trophies
XP
If there's one internet meme that actually does offend me, it's appending master race to something that has nothing to do with genetics to make it sound superior. Mainly because people just don't seem to think twice about using that phrase so nonchalantly, ignorant of the horrible origin.
literally nothing offends me anymore, I just think it sounds stupid and gets old faster than that MLG meme that lasted for a month

HenryLeonheart

Trophies
XP
Country
Like others said, follow the guide linked above to install Arm9LoaderHax. It's a long process (around 4~5 hours for first timers) so if time is the bottleneck, don't worry, the guide was made in a way that you can pause what you're doing and restart it whenever you want. Try doing half of it on one day and another half on another.

The hack basically is a payload that is in the FIRM partition on your 3DS, which loads miliseconds after the console boots. No glitched screens, no nothing, just a black screen into your SysNAND if you choose to go with Updated SysNAND mode or EmuNAND/RedNAND if you still want it. I personally prefer updated sysNAND mode since you can't patch this exploit with the current CFWs, you save 1Gb or 2Gb from the SD card due to the emuNAND and you only need to install GBA/DSi titles once which saves even more space.

Just an advice, read the guide carefully and don't skip steps. If you have any doubts, come here and people will gladly help you.

Ann0ying

Trophies
XP
Country
literally nothing offends me anymore, I just think it sounds stupid and gets old faster than that MLG meme that lasted for a month

That was the exact reason I used it.

If there's one internet meme that actually does offend me

You're still getting offended on the internet? Oh man, you may have hard times using it than.

Last edited by Ann0ying,
D

Deleted User

Arm9loaderHax is the way to get CFW without crashing. There was payloads called LessHax for MenuHax with gave a placebo effect that they actually crashed less. If you want payloads that are actually pretty cool for MenuHax and don't have the debug menu- check out @ihaveamac's payloads. Be warned that they still crash sometimes like any other *hax but they won't give you any indication that they crashed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi