ganmo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm about to buy a flashcard, probably CycloDS, and I just have a question. I know that you should have a microSD card made in Japan, but speedwise does it matter if a buy a SDHC over a microSD card made in Japan?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That whole made in Japan thing really only applies to the 1GB & 2GB Kingston cards. The Taiwanese version the the 4GB Kingston microSDHC is supposedly faster than the Japanese one. The 4GB A-Data microSDHC card is supposedly the fastest on the market (even faster than the 1GB Japanese Kingston, which used to be the fastest).

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would like to add here as a general note about choosing mem cards based on speeds ... not really not sure what SPEED TESTING on a PC has to do with how a FLASH CARD reads the data at all ???

as the pc reads the data at a much much faster throughput/bandwith than a ds reading a flashcard will ever do!

so take try not to take speed tests done on a pc thats stamped/written on the packet/box of a mem card as 100% fact either.... as every pc in the world does not read the data at the same speeds either due to prolly a million other factors! they are merely an estimate....and estimate for PC usage speeds nothing else
smile.gif

ganmo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
but it seems most people have confirmed that kingstons made in Japan is the better choice speedwise. Hmm anyway, i got another question regarding memory cards. In realhotstuff.com you can order CycloDS and there you have option to add a memory card as well. I noticed that the kingdom 2GB listed there is just 18$ while it says 20$ if you go to the actual listing. So to my question is the 18$ japanese kingston or not? :/

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's a very high price for that card, Japanese or otherwise. The A-Data 4GB card is significantly faster, and it's going for about $14 plus shipping. In general you should avoid buying memory cards from flashcart shops, because they usually charge about twice what the card is going for at online electronics stores.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
http://www.meritline.com/kingston-usb-micr...crosd-card.html

10.99 w/free shipping and a paypal option. (limited time sale) includes a reader.

i own one 3 of these, I just ordered another to hold movies (etc). they are real japanese kingstons. the reader is nice but can be to tight of a fit on some of them.

realhotstuff while they carry alot of products and ship next day priority in the US, they should be named realhighlypricedstuff. their prices are on average 10+ higher than other shops found in china. it all comes down to how fast you want your stuff and how fast you want a return RMA to go through.

cheers,
-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."