pyGecko and TCPGecko in 5.5.X installation

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by vgplayer54, May 6, 2016.

1. vgplayer54
    OP

vgplayer54 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2010
    Canada
    Hello,

I have seen floating around a couple different tutorials and usages of pyGecko and TCPGecko around here however they all seem to be bits and pieces, many of which users are claiming is outdated. For someone who recently got Loadiine working and would like to use the cheat features, how would I go about setting this up using the most updated method? Also what is the difference between pyGecko and TCPGecko? Are they one program or two separate programs?

I have already downloaded the "pyGecko-master" folder from the Github...not sure where to go from here.

2. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    bump

3. paranormalCrystal

paranormalCrystal GBAtemp Regular

May 5, 2016
    Bump x2?

4. pikminn

pikminn Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2016
    Canada
  5. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    I haven't tried to build it myself, but I can say that you generally do NOT want to download a repo from the git master. The bit you download will be missing dependencies, if there are any. You need to install git to your machine and to get the full required source, open a command line and use "git clone --recursive https://github.com/<user>/<repo>" <-Basically the URL to the code page of whatever you're building. After that, any errors will only come from your environment (tools, system path, libraries).

6. k3rizz3k

k3rizz3k GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2008
    United States
    So how do I choose cheats to load in loadiine? Sorry I'm new to this. I have pygecko enabled, but don't see where to select cheats, and don't know if I need to download something.

7. Net-KILLER

Net-KILLER computer says no

Oct 22, 2009
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    in a pineapple under the sea
    Here is list of addresses and a little howto