PuzzleManiak 2.7a

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by funwithplaydough, Sep 28, 2007.

Sep 28, 2007

PuzzleManiak 2.7a by funwithplaydough at 3:52 AM (1,613 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. funwithplaydough
    OP

Newcomer funwithplaydough Advanced Member

United States
    PuzzleManiak 2.7a released, now with all 27 games from Simon Tatham’s Portable Puzzle Collection. Version 2.7a fixed bugs found in 2.6 and 2.7 along with including newly added Twiddle and Pyramid.

source

[​IMG]

2. GameDragon

Member GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    Wow, PuzzleManiak gets updated so often. Its too bad that I'm horrible in every single game in it [​IMG]

3. 2wirends

Newcomer 2wirends Advanced Member

United States
    man, just yesterday i saw 2.5... lol

4. skarthebloodchild

Member skarthebloodchild Keep It Old School

Greece
    nice.he is updating this great homebrew really fast [​IMG]

5. sirAnger

Member sirAnger GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm pretty sure Alex doesn't sleep or eat. Developing sweet-ass game collections is all the sustenance he needs.

6. kaspal

Member kaspal GBAtemp Regular

Colombia
    one question folks...
    how do i make this baby run on an EZ5 cart?... i've already made the DLDI patchin thing (with the special patcher by Cory1941) but everytime i boot the game, it gives me a blank (black) screen and thats about it... have tried readin the read me the comes with the game, but theres no info of how to get it to wrok... so, help anyone?.

thx in advance.

EDIT: got it to boot and show the initial screen (i didnt copy the themes directory...), but i cannot play anything-- whatever i do (touch the screen, push buttons) its futile... so, help anyone?

EDIT2: i finally got it to work, but i'd like to report a bug: the game didnt wanted to work, because i had my name in the console with the japanese left and right brackets and a star... so, when the game went to read that, froze. i changed my game in the main menu of the NDS, and removed those 3 "weird" chars, and sicne then the game works like a charm, w/o the need of DLDI nor shit... so, i ask the dev, to please fix that nasty bug, since i'd like to get my "weird" chars back on my nick hehe (well, actually, its not cool for a game to freeze because of somethin like that.)

7. Alx

Member Alx Advanced Member

France
    kaspal, I can't reproduce the bug you spoke about.
    Could you be more accurate please?
    Which caracters did you use exactly in your name?

8. Alx

France
  9. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Oh my god, you've solved it. Same issue here, I've never managed to get any of the Puzzlemaniak releases running on an EZ-V including 2.7d. They freeze at the title screen while loading the username. Take the smiley face (the square-ish one from the DS's 4th character set) off the end of my username and now it's running fine.

[Edit] done some playing around, the game runs successfully with strange characters in the middle of a username. It only freezes when the strange character is the last letter at the end of the username.

10. kaspal

Colombia
    hey there Alx06, like Psyfira said, i had 3 japanese chars at the end of my nick name, something like this:

Kaspal ???

and whenever i tried to run the game, it froze on the main screen... i thought on changin the nick, when i noticed that the nick the game was tryin to retrieve from the NDS, was not accurate (it was takin somethin like "Kaspal __"), so i edited that on the NDS menu, and the game worked right away... i didnt even need to path the file with the DLDI patcher.

hope you can reproduce the bug, and hopefuly fix it.

11. Alx

France
  12. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    That did the trick, thanks [​IMG] Will be taking this one for a spin tonight

13. kaspal

Colombia
    thx Alx06... im gonna try it out tomorrow, and let you know the outcome, but im sure it will suffice my needs!... thx for such a great effort.

14. Huntress

Newcomer Huntress Member

United States
    I had the star in my name too! (its the non solid star) I was thinking it just wasn't working with the ds-x.