Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Priss, Dec 11, 2008.

Dec 11, 2008
  1. Priss
    OP

Member Priss GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I haven't seen anyone talk much about this game since it came out...
    Is no one playing it? [​IMG]

I for one feel a very nostalgic Magic The Gathering recreation.
    My Knight feels very much like a combo deck to bore the opponent to death. And it does exactly that...

-While the 2 best classes are Warriors and Knights, I find it very easy to customize your arsenal of spells to balance out any class.
    -Addicting "puzzle" like battles and mini games. Capturing monsters by far is the most challenging and fun.
    -I found the combo system innovative and at times frustrating when you gave all the right moves to your opponent!
    -The story is not lacking but is repetitive over the different classes to choose from.
    -Music is old school addictive but TO MUCH can get on your nerves.
    -Itemization is a little lacking but crafting your own makes up for it.
    -Character selection varies from Plate Mail to Tights.. can't go wrong here [​IMG]

While the leveling is always an attention grab for some players.. Capping a Knight to lvl50 can be done in 1 day [​IMG]

Over all good game. Good hours spent. Fun to play vs Friend provided that you don't bring your Knight along [​IMG]
    A good 2 full weeks spent on this game.

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    If you were around in 2007 when the game was released you'd know that we were all over it back then.

Really sucked me in this game did, shame the sequel Puzzle Quest II: Galatrix ain't out till next year, seems like that's taking ages to come out. You might also be interested in Neo Pets Puzzle (or something like that) its done by the same people but its Othello instead of Bejeweled.

3. Priss
    OP

Member Priss GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I really should have double checked the release date on it [​IMG]
    Came across it not so long ago and my friends had never heard of it !

4. JDandy

Member JDandy GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I couldn't help but notice your spelling error. There's no K in Wizard.

5. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    Actually I just beat the game not to long ago despite having 100 or so less HP then the boss,it was pretty good if your into puzzles but I hope they don't just slap a new story in on the next game.....

6. Hadrian

United Kingdom

7. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    So they replaced the monster mounts with space ships? lol

8. Hadrian

United Kingdom
    The game wasn't actually meant to be in the Puzzle Quest series, it was just titled "Galactrix" but with PQ selling well the publisher tacked on PQ 2.

9. monopoman

Member monopoman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    They tacked on the Puzzle Quest line to convince more people to buy it.

Its why Final Fantasy is thrown on anything that relates to any part of Final Fantasy. Even if its a weak association to sell more copies.

A smaller company like this needs any help they can get they can't sell a product on developer name alone yet.

Though I'm sure Puzzle Quest did a lot better then they thought it would.

10. Dwight

Member Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

United States
    Puzzle Quest is probably my favorite DS game, and one of my all time favorites. If only it had WiFi.
    My first Wizard is at level 50 and I've pretty much played everything that there is to play. I've captured all towns, gotten most of the monsters (still working on a few), completed the main quest, and I'm pretty sure all the side quests.
    I downloaded the Neopet version, but haven't started it yet due to the fact that I'm scared that it will ruin the series for me. BUT I'm extremely excited for Galatrix.

Also, whenever somebody asks what Puzzle Quest, just tell them that Final Fantasy and Bejewled had sex and made the perfect child. It usually gets their interest.

11. updowners

Member updowners lurklurklurk

Australia
    I hated the game because it was too hard [​IMG]

12. Private|Par

Member Private|Par GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I disagree with you people saying the tacked on the name Puzzle Quest. I think the idea for Puzzle Quest was that each was an individual "Puzzle Quest" as it were. So it's not so much as a sequel so much as a series of games that aren't connected.

13. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I liked the game but i doubt i could play through the game again.I did it twice for both endings but if it doesn't change anything i doubt i will play it for more than a hour or so.