Puyo Puyo Tetris Translation (WIP)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by zadanlavey, May 10, 2017.

?
  1. uncensored

70.0%
  2. censored

3.3%
  3. I would like to have the two options!

26.7%
  1. hazen

hazen Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2017
    Germany
    Same here, I registered to the forum only to for this project. After 8h I had to quit, I did not make it to work :(
    So you would be definitely my superhero, if you could share your job a bit :)

HellHare_LanceLnc likes this.
  2. HellHare_LanceLnc

HellHare_LanceLnc Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2018
    Brazil
    Inferno
    Hey hazen bro.
    It seens that someone commented something interesting on the video uploaded by Zadanlavey on the very first page of this thread showing the progress of this project so far.
    you shoud check it out. :3
    Heres the link just for convenience:
    ht tps ://ww w. yout ube. com /watch? v=irVR xgq9ztk
    (I don't know if a can post this kind of link so i put spaces, just erase spaces after paste it)

Also i'm not a superhero, i'm more like a fallen and powerless dark god lmao xD
    Superheros are the ones that have worked hard for this project.
    Also please read whats inside the package after download before doing anything else, it seen there's good pearl of wisdom there

Last edited by HellHare_LanceLnc, Feb 2, 2018
    hazen likes this.
  3. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Hey thanks.
    There's no problem in posting YT links here:

4. hazen

hazen Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2017
    Germany
    I can not tell you how much I have to thank you and for sure anyone involved!!! :bow::bow::bow:

It works superfine!
    ...if you aren't a superhero, you are at least my personal hero! :grog:

Thank you so much!

5. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    I didn't know this was released on wiiu

6. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Yeah it's been out in Japan for 4 years now, PS3, PS4, PSvita, Xbox one, 3DS, WII U, recently on switch, coming soon to pc. The ps4 and Switch versions was the only two to get official english localization last year but steam will get it at the end of the month. :)

Giodude likes this.
  7. MegaSuperab2

MegaSuperab2 Homebrewer, Memer, Acts Like Bedroom Is Basement

May 8, 2016
    United States
    The Earth
    Will you translate it to be as close to the official English translation as possible?

Aside from the Dark Prince being called Satan I guess.

8. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Who are you talkin' to? This is no longer alive. Get what you can (aka beta) and be satisfied with it. At least I am. :P

9. MegaSuperab2

MegaSuperab2 Homebrewer, Memer, Acts Like Bedroom Is Basement

May 8, 2016
    United States
    The Earth
    oh rip

10. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Check this video's comments. That'll be all you need.

11. HellHare_LanceLnc

HellHare_LanceLnc Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2018
    Brazil
    Inferno
    Happy to know that it worked for you. Please spread the good news.:toot:

Pyuo Pyuo Tetris was released in 2014 for many consoles:
    Japan February 6th, 2014 for Nintendo 3DS, WII U, PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 3.
    Japan December 4th, 2014 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Then it was launched around three years later in 2017 officially translated in many parts of the world but sadly only for two consoles.
    Taiwan (Maybe, I dont know this flag. :rofl:) February 9th, 2017, Korea February 9th, 2017 for PlayStation 4.
    USA April 25th, 2017 for PlayStation 4 and Switch.
    Europa April 28th, 2017 for PlayStation 4 and Switch.
    Taiwan December 1st, 2017, Korea December 1st, 2017 for Switch.
    But as far as i know these localized games don't have the original charming Japanese Voice Acting, please correct me if I'm wrong.

And will launch this year worldwide February 27, 2018 for Windows.:grog:
    Hopefully this last will have the option to leave the original Japanese Voice Acting while leave the choice to use texts on language of choice available.

I mean, the english voice acting is good, but i rather like the Japanese voices best for this title, so i don't see why not leaving the two options for people to choose what they like best.:rolleyes:
    There's no such thing has memory limitations these days. :glare:

Yeah! There's a loooong way back for you guys to read just to know that this project has stopped midway,
    but the nice guys give us the translated files they get up til now and we can patch the game with it. (Uncensored with Satan named right!)
    I have shared the link already. Just follow lordelan directions and everything will be fine.;) (See the comments on Youtube for the video on the first page.)

Last edited by HellHare_LanceLnc, Feb 13, 2018
    lordelan likes this.
  12. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    So you were the one to offer a nice NUS package that is already patched so we don't have to bother with Wii U USB Helper, NUS Packer and CDencrypt.
    Thank you very much, sir. :)

13. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Nov 3, 2004
    United Kingdom
    @HellHare_LanceLnc

very nice work indeed & one of the best games ever made but did you really change Dark Prince's name to SATAN ??

14. Nimrod-002

Nimrod-002 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2016
    Morocco
    i hope you are just importing assets from localized ports and not translating everything from the grounds up.

15. HellHare_LanceLnc

HellHare_LanceLnc Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2018
    Brazil
    Inferno
    You guys are welcome!
    I'm a n00b at this and took me very much to do it,
    although this was only possible thanks to the nice programmers that made the tools and the guys that Translated it.:grog:

Sorry man. I'm not the one that translated this, please read from beginning to understand all that happened here. xD
    By the way Satan is namely "Satan", the Original name, from this beta english patch, not the censored "Dark Prince".:P

At first the guys from this project are in need of translation everything way back then, when the localized version comes out they used the same translation using screenshots and editing everything manually, very tough work if you ask me. :ha: They deserve our appreciation and gratitude. :bow:

Again, the link to the game already "beta english patch" can be found on the comments from the youtube video on the first page of this thread.
    Some unnamed guy do it for us. ;)

Garcimak and lordelan like this.
  16. Garro

Garro Pendulum of souls!

Aug 15, 2009
    Chile
    Somewhere
    I attempted the decrypt/patch/encrypt method and couldn't make a valid installable file, then I tried to copy the translated files into the game's folder using FTPiiU and weird enough the game stayed in Japanese so I just gave up installing the patch, so thank you so much @HellHare_LanceLnc for sharing the translated thing.

17. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Would someone like to upload me a savegame where all characters are unlocked? :)

18. Carelio

Carelio Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2017
    Netherlands Antilles
    There is a code that you can enter to unlock everything in game, I did that some time ago using the nintendo switch one and I think it worked on the wii u (or I actually found a specific puyo puyo tetris code for the wii u version, I can't remember), anyway, you can try going to the main menu, then holding L1 and R1 and while you’re doing that, press up, down, right, left, “X”, “B”, “Y”, and “Y”.

Last edited by Carelio, Feb 17, 2018
  19. Sumea

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Aug 16, 2008
    Finland
    Turku
    The Steam Trailer at least promises "both Japanese and English voices". It is true that I got the Japanese version on switch. I was already used enough to navigating with the Japanese version (playing it on PS3, Wii U and 3DS) and the way some characters were outright changed from how they were in Japanese versus English rubbed me the wrong way, just having dual audio would have definitely changed my purchase decision. I mean, I do not like paying 15€ more for a version of the game I understand less so than a English release.

20. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Cool thx, I'll try that! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice