Puyo Puyo Tetris heads to Steam/PC

banner_3068.jpg

After teasing fans with a potential PC release the past few days, SEGA has confirmed that they will indeed be bringing Puyo Puyo Tetris to Steam/PC. Puyo Puyo Tetris is a crossover between two beloved puzzle game series; Puyo Puyo, and Tetris. The game initially launched in Japan in 2014, and made its way to the west on consoles last year in 2017. The PC version of the game will release on February 27, 2018. Pre-ordering the title will get you special wallpapers, and a 10% discount. The game will also support mouse and keyboard input, as well as Japanese voiceovers, which were not included in the English console release.

SEGA® Europe Ltd. and The Tetris Company, LLC are pleased to announce that the fast-paced, competitive party game mash-up, Puyo Puyo™ Tetris® will launch on Steam for PC, on Tuesday, February 27, 2018.

Puyo Puyo Tetris sees two puzzle game juggernauts collide as Tetris, one of the top selling video games of all time and one of the most recognised brands in gaming history, and Puyo Puyo from SEGA combine to create a fun-to-play, fast-paced, competitive party game like no other! There are a ton of different styles of gameplay – from the single-player Adventure and Challenge modes to the ferocious competition of the up-to-four-player Arcade modes. You can even take your puzzle skills online in the Puzzle League or Free Play multiplayer modes with up to four players. Play through Adventure mode to unlock new characters and backgrounds and visit the in-game Shop which enables players to unlock new character voices and skins for Puyos and Tetriminos.

For those wanting to get in on the frantic puzzle action early, pre-order Puyo Puyo Tetris on Steam or other SEGA approved digital retailers* before 27th February and receive exclusive wallpapers and avatars featuring your favourite Puyo Puyo and Tetris characters. Pre-ordering through Steam will also net fans an additional 10% discount.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Press Inbox

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I love this game's cutscenes.

"Things come easy when you wield a sword like this one!"
"I'll help you wrestle that book cover to cover! ...and under the covers, too!"
"The time has come for me to clear my reputation... By assaulting this young girl!"
"Insert whatever you like."
"I can't believe you actually came!" "I told you I'll come for you!"

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose it would be nice to have a steam group for people to play with each other here, it be fun for everyone who wants to try. Surprised i see no one streaming this game on twitch. I have it on switch and I mostly watch replays on it which is just as fun. (Can't believe I'm gonna have to spend $20 soon to be watching replays online.) :unsure:

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I beg to differ, I did a review on that game. :(

https://gbatemp.net/review/puyo-puyo-tetris.668/

I hope you know that your reply won't have any effect on the person you replied to flaming whatever the topic of the next news is.

Regardless, I don't like Puyo Puyo Tetris being released on Steam... that late. I wouldn't mind buying it if I didn't already have it on the Switch.
That said, I really hate the practice of keeping out PCs that long when it comes to porting games that have been out for years (which in case of PPT might still be true considering the Japanese versions, but that's very subjective here).

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you know that your reply won't have any effect on the person you replied to flaming whatever the topic of the next news is.
I don't know unless I try.

Regardless, I don't like Puyo Puyo Tetris being released on Steam... that late. I wouldn't mind buying it if I didn't already have it on the Switch.
That said, I really hate the practice of keeping out PCs that long when it comes to porting games that have been out for years (which in case of PPT might still be true considering the Japanese versions, but that's very subjective here).
I mean you can always buy it cause is new people to play with, that usually why people buy it on everything, different people play on different systems, if you have them all then you have access to more people to play with (unless you don't care to play online mode that is.) Besides, sega likely has no excuse for how long it taken to localize it, that is been on multiple consoles including ps3, wii u and 3DS in japan and even vita and xbox one, and now just getting international releases. We could have had the game a lot sooner but just didn't for some reason.:unsure:

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is so great, I have a lot of friends who really wanted puyo tetris to come out on the PC, and now its here! I love puyo puyo so much, after the release of puyo tetris on the switch I went and bought many of the older puyo games and I'd love for Sega to start localizing the newer puyo games for the west like Puyo chronicles (hopefully a switch port of chronicles maybe??)

Last edited by Eddypikachu,
Reactions: PICTOCHAT

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if English assets ripped from this would help translation of the 3DS/Wii U versions? Seeing as Switch and PS4 don't really have much in terms of content dumping, AFAIK...

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this game's cutscenes.

"Things come easy when you wield a sword like this one!"
"I'll help you wrestle that book cover to cover! ...and under the covers, too!"
"The time has come for me to clear my reputation... By assaulting this young girl!"
"Insert whatever you like."
"I can't believe you actually came!" "I told you I'll come for you!"

That's some pretty funny shit. I only ever played it in Japanese on the PS3, same with Puyo Puyo 20th anniversary on the DS.

Reactions: smileyhead

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.