Hacking Translation Puyo Pop 7 - Wii English Translation Released

Maeson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
At long last, the Wii gets its first (out of three) Puyo Puyo game playable in English, thanks to Saetta06 and Nenilein!

It's fully translated, and can you can either patch a backup ISO, or use Riivolution with your real disc. It has been also patched to use with Wiimmfi, so the Online mode works.

Here's the link to Romhacking.net to patch the ISO:
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6324/

Here's the link to the Riivolution version (can be found on the video's description):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CJsLtse9KMtcOAvh_p3omaSIsheKTneX/edit

The game itself contains the usual Story Mode, Endless Modes, a local Versus Mode and Online Mode. It also has the School Mode to teach you the basic mechanics and strategies. Puyo Puyo 7 also contains several rulesets based on the gameplay of older entries of Puyo Puyo besides the main mode, such as the original Puyo Puyo, Puyo Puyo 2, Puyo Pop Fever and also Mission Puyo, in which you have to do certain tasks (Pop X number of Puyos, do x number of Chains, pop two colors at the same time, etc), so it's quite complete and the Story Mode keeps alternating between modes.

It even has crossplay with Puyo Puyo 7 on the NDS, which also got translated time ago if I remember right.

I've played it for a few hours and while I'm not that good at Puyo the translation is great, it looks well made, and the game is fun. It also has some cute little things, like being able to change how the Puyos look, so they resemble the ones from the 16-Bit games, for example.

If you played Puyo Puyo Tetris, the visual design of characters and such will be immediately familiar, the writing also feels along the lines too. It's great to have the Wii getting some fan translations as of late, between things like this, the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games and Brand Newman's work.

wiiAdventurer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a puzzle gamer but this looks really nice. And as you say the translation is well done. I really enjoyed the trailer.

Can someone explain why Puyo Puyo is so loved?

It's great to have the Wii getting some fan translations as of late, between things like this, the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games and Brand Newman's work.
If you told me a few years ago that we were going to see the following titles in English:

• Captain Rainbow
  • Earth Seeker
  • Line Attack Heroes
  • Puyo Puyo 7
  • Takt of Magic
(just name a handful)

I wouldn't have believed you. We are so lucky!

Of course now I'm getting greedy and really hope someone will pick up the the Dragon Quest games, Sorcery Blade, and even Kizuna. Maybe someday :)

Enjoy Puyo Puyo 7 everyone!

Maeson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm not a puzzle gamer but this looks really nice. And as you say the translation is well done. I really enjoyed the trailer.

Can someone explain why Puyo Puyo is so loved?

If you told me a few years ago that we were going to see the following titles in English:

• Captain Rainbow
  • Earth Seeker
  • Line Attack Heroes
  • Puyo Puyo 7
  • Takt of Magic
(just name a handful)

I wouldn't have believed you. We are so lucky!

Of course now I'm getting greedy and really hope someone will pick up the the Dragon Quest games, Sorcery Blade, and even Kizuna. Maybe someday :)

Enjoy Puyo Puyo 7 everyone!

I think Puyo Puyo is loved because it's one of the very few Puzzle series that continues on living. Puzzle games sadly became non-important in the eyes of many as time went on, I suppose they're "less special" than yet another open world action game or shooter.

The gameplay is pretty darn simple, but mastering it is another thing entirely. People get a kick from how the chain mechanic works, and being a competitive Puzzle game it lends itself to be played with others, after all, the game revolves around sending puyos to the opponent to fill their screen and can get quite frenetic. Add some pretty bouncy music, a pretty whacky universe and a visual style that pops and well... It's no mystery to me.

As I said, I'm not that great at it, but I find it super fun. I wish Tetris Attack was still alive though...

It's really great that we started to get the ball rolling on Japanese Wii games. I had no idea Sorcery Blade existed.

I know someone started to translate the Dragon Quest Monsters game, but that was quite some time ago and the thread on Romhacking.net it went silent. Who knows if one day it will pop up complete...

Edit: Oh, and by the way, while not a Wii game, we also got today a Fully Translated patch for F-Zero Climax (which you can play on your Wii) at long last! The rom hacking scene is awesome, so many people doing so much stuff...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended