Hardware Putting Wii back together and... Woops...

Zantetsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was getting ready to put my Wii back together and when I was about to attach the brown strip to my disk drive, the clip that keeps them together had broken off. If you're unclear about what I'm talking about, it's circled in this picture:

untitled-3.jpg

So I'm curious to know... Am I screwed? Is there anything I can do to connect my drive to the wii again or am I going to have to buy a brand new drive?

mcjones92

Kingpin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm

I wouldn't say your screwed. Is there another way you can keep the ribbon cable down to take the place of the clip? Maybe some electrical tape? But there might be a better way.

Zantetsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Electrical tape is something I was thinking, but sadly, I don't have any on me at the moment. I'll probably pick some up next time I'm in town and I'll try keeping it together through that.

I'm still open for more ideas. There might be something I could do without having to buy anything
biggrin.gif

Thanks for your help, mcjones.

radionds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Zantetsu said:
Electrical tape is something I was thinking, but sadly, I don't have any on me at the moment. I'll probably pick some up next time I'm in town and I'll try keeping it together through that.

I'm still open for more ideas. There might be something I could do without having to buy anything
biggrin.gif

Thanks for your help, mcjones.

I think the best thing is Electrical tape, it's cheap, or you can use a super bonder, or something like that, in the place on the clip..
But try to put some tape on that (good tape), it will solve, just to keep the flat cable in contact with the pins.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: