Hacking Putting stufflez on my MicroSD..

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just a question..but do I NEED to use the Transflash Adapter that comes with the R4 to put contents onto my MicroSD Card? Or can I do it now..
Let's see, I have a 1gb Kingston, and I have a Cell Phone that takes MicroSD's. Plus I have a USB Cable from my Phone to the PC :\
I've put songs onto my MicroSD before by inserting the card into the phone and connecting it to the PC, then just dragging and dropping..but the question is: Can I do the same to put the R4 stuff/themes/homebrew onto my card as well? So that it would be ready for the day they R4 comes.

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Yay!
happy.gif

Hmm..guess I should use my spare card then. I accidentally formatted the one in my phone right now :[
It asked me to do it, and I had no idea what it did so I said yea. Now it has different folders for Music, Images, Videos, etc.

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the tf adapter COMES with the r4. besides, it's still way easier to use that than to move stuff to your phone (especially with roms... lol).

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How so? o.O

What's wrong with you? You think that putting your micro sd in your phone and connecting that to the computer is quicker than just putting it in a micro sd usb adapter? For one thing, the files will transfer WAY quicker to the micro sd from the usb adapter. Also, it's just plain easier! why do you want to involve your phone at all?

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It will work, but I'm sure the phone will leave crap on your card, possible 'media' folders, or other folders. It won't harm the R4, but I'm just saying...

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How so? o.O

What's wrong with you? You think that putting your micro sd in your phone and connecting that to the computer is quicker than just putting it in a micro sd usb adapter? For one thing, the files will transfer WAY quicker to the micro sd from the usb adapter. Also, it's just plain easier! why do you want to involve your phone at all?

Well, he doesn't have the adapter RIGHT NOW, but he does have his phone and the cable it uses. He can either use his phone now and have everything on there when his R4 arrives, or he can wait for the R4 and then put everything on there, if he does it now he could save about 20ish minutes at least!

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It will work, but I'm sure the phone will leave crap on your card, possible 'media' folders, or other folders. It won't harm the R4, but I'm just saying...

I guess so, forget it then >_>"

How so? o.O

Well, he doesn't have the adapter RIGHT NOW, but he does have his phone and the cable it uses. He can either use his phone now and have everything on there when his R4 arrives, or he can wait for the R4 and then put everything on there, if he does it now he could save about 20ish minutes at least!

20 minutes?! Omgosh! I was only expecting to save 5!
sleep.gif

Meh, I was just wondering..just in case I lose the TransFlash, or maybe I wanted to try it one day :\

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know you don't have the adapter yet, but seriously... It'll be way easier to just have a folder on your pc with the kernel, homebrew, themes, games, etc. that you want, so you could let it take about 10 minutes to transfer everything when it gets there.

Seriously, it's only 10 minutes. That's about as much time as you've spent in this topic.

striderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The USB adapter that came with the R4 is junk. I used it once and had to hide it from my sight.

I use the SD adapter that came with the microSD and then put it into the SD card slot on my computer. If you can do that, IMO that's the best way to go.

Every computer, printer, PMP that I own has an SD slot. The things are everywhere.

striderx

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The silver/black one failed me exactly once.... Since then I regularly backup µSD data. My MicroMate is sometimes not even recognized.

Ducky

QUACKJECTION!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Put it on the MicroSD Card now , And in-case it doesn't work just get all off and do that with the thing comes with the R4DS... It's just that simple

Edit : Fixed some stuff..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1