Hacking Putting Rock Band 2 DLC on a USB device?

crwys

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
I read in another guide at a different site, that you can download tracks to the emulated nand right from the RB & GH music stores. Doesn't work at all for me - has anyone else gotten that to work? In RB I get the 204704 error and can't remember exactly what it says in GH but I know it disconnects me and then I can't reconnect until I completely restart the game.

What do you mean completley? Like a new game save and everything? Because I am stuck on the 204704 error right now when trying to download from my emulated nand, and even with the offical rb2 disc from the disc channel I am still getting the error. It could be under maintenance possibly >.> I think you are suppose to be able to, but I do not know whats required. I'm chipped, with official disc anyways, hermes v5 merged ios37, loading the game with 223, but it seems it won't let you. But what you also can do is run the game normally, download dlc, then launch uloader and use the copy dlc from nand to emulated nand option. If that works, haven't got to try it yet since im still getting the 204704 error.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK you have to either decrypt the bin files to app from your sdcard or download and and create the .app files. You can't download from the store to nand. You can down load from the store to sd then decrypt to .app files. IMO the easiest way is to download the files and create the .app.

If you need links to download the dlc try googling ultimate music games dlc.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's only Guitar Hero that I need to completely (exit to system menu, load uloader, load GH5) restart in order to be able to re-connect to the store.

Rock Band gives me the 204704 error, but I don't disconnect from the music store. I don't believe it's a maintenance thing as I can download to my real nand without issue.

crwys

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
It's only Guitar Hero that I need to completely (exit to system menu, load uloader, load GH5) restart in order to be able to re-connect to the store.

Rock Band gives me the 204704 error, but I don't disconnect from the music store. I don't believe it's a maintenance thing as I can download to my real nand without issue.

Hmmm I can't download at all =( Guess I'll try resetting the game a couple times lol

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mestapho said:
AFAIK you have to either decrypt the bin files to app from your sdcard or download and and create the .app files. You can't download from the store to nand. You can down load from the store to sd then decrypt to .app files. IMO the easiest way is to download the files and create the .app.

If you need links to download the dlc try googling ultimate music games dlc.

I don't need any links as I've had this for a short while already, but the guide I followed states:

QUOTEGuitar Hero 5:
Game loads within 1 minute.
Music store takes a while to load, seems to freeze at one point but just be patient.
You can download new DLC right to the emulated NAND.
Game seems to run OK.

Rock Band 2:
Game took about 8 minutes total to get to main screen.
- Approx 3 minutes on white background with drummer loading screen
- Approx 5 minutes on Loading... screen with red background.
Music store takes a while to load.
You can download new DLC right to the emulated NAND (as of uLoader 5.0).
Everything in the music store takes a long time, even when you leave it.
Game seems to run OK.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I haven't heard of anyone successfully downloading from the RB store to emulated nand.
I just download all of the DLC from MU links. Works great and is fairly easy to accomplish.

crwys

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mestapho said:
Well I haven't heard of anyone successfully downloading from the RB store to emulated nand.
I just download all of the DLC from MU links. Works great and is fairly easy to accomplish.

You can and it works =) The RB2 music store finally started to work for me and I got to test it lol.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crwys said:
mestapho said:

You can and it works =) The RB2 music store finally started to work for me and I got to test it lol.

And you accomplished this how? I've tried at least a few times a day for over a week now.

I have:

SM 4.2U
Shop Channel v19
IOS61 v5661
cIOSx r19 - 37 base
Hermes 202 v5 - 60 base
Hermes 222 v5 - 38 base
Hermes 223 v5 - 37 base
Hermes 224 v5 - 57 base
IOS's 36, 37, 38, 57, 61, and 70 are patched with Trucha, ES_Identify, and NAND Permissions through DOP-Mii.

bralph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mvgc3 said:
.ciso files in, believe it or not, a folder called "ciso" in the root of the USB drive. Use Wii Backup Manager to convert the game to .ciso format

OK, so I got this far, then I used uLoader 5.1 to run RB 2. When I look at the config options for RB2, "USE DLC from x:\nand" is available, but folder name "nand" (or nand2, nand3, nand4) are all in red, and therefore I cannot transfer the DLC. What am I missing? I tried putting a nand folder at the root of USB. All my DLC is legit, purchased Rock Band 2 songs.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
terminal_illness said:
if you get the 204704 error, just install the rawk sd patcher, or open up dop-mii and reinstall ios37 with all patches.

Already tried that several times over. Still get the 204704.

QUOTE(bralph @ Jul 31 2010, 11:00 AM) OK, so I got this far, then I used uLoader 5.1 to run RB 2. When I look at the config options for RB2, "USE DLC from x:\nand" is available, but folder name "nand" (or nand2, nand3, nand4) are all in red, and therefore I cannot transfer the DLC. What am I missing? I tried putting a nand folder at the root of USB. All my DLC is legit, purchased Rock Band 2 songs.

Click on the copy save button in uloader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1