Slayer9x9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all!

I read many tutorials, searched google a thousand times, and experimented on my own a lot.

The question is, what exactly should I do in order to convert one of my .mp3 songs to a readable format for repacking a .nds rom?

I (believe) have all tools necessary, i.e. VGMtrans, Awave studio, kiwi.ds, etc...

I already know how to replace .adx files (such as ones in The World Ends With You), but I want to be able to insert/replace songs
in games that use the .sseq sound_data.

So, can anyone refer me to a good tutorial or something?
biggrin.gif

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. find out how the file you are replacing with works
2. encode your mp3 to that file type
3. done
biggrin.gif

It's not as easy as you think, if you don't know how the sound files work. But, most of the music files are basically MIDIs with a little change in structure. There are also wave sound files.
If you can successfully convert into one or the other, replacing is easy.
However, converting an MP3 to MIDI is almost impossible. You'll find out if you know the difference between midi and mp3...

Slayer9x9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psycoblaster said:
1. find out how the file you are replacing with works
2. encode your mp3 to that file type
3. done
biggrin.gif

It's not as easy as you think, if you don't know how the sound files work. But, most of the music files are basically MIDIs with a little change in structure. There are also wave sound files.
If you can successfully convert into one or the other, replacing is easy.
However, converting an MP3 to MIDI is almost impossible. You'll find out if you know the difference between midi and mp3...
Heh, ya I know the problem with converting MP3 to MIDI. But I was just thinking, would it be possible to make a particular ds rom play
.adx files, cuz I already know to to replace music in, say, The World Ends With You.

I dunno...any thoughts anybody?

Slayer9x9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apb407 said:
Somebody on the forums has done it already actually he did it for the game TWEWY you should ask him.
Umm...I said in my first post on this topic that I 'know' how to do that.
biggrin.gif

The question is finding out how to easily customize songs that are NOT .adx format.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Talk about propaganda.