Put this forum to good use!

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by TLSpartan, Jun 27, 2007.

Jun 27, 2007

Put this forum to good use! by TLSpartan at 3:37 PM (1,010 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. TLSpartan
    OP

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    The DS-X is dead. I think we can all admit this with their terrible card,software,support forum and mainly their shit customer support. I think we should turn this forum into the a Cyclo Evo forum. Exactly like how the Acekard forum turned into the N-Card and clones forum.

2. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    It's not a great card, but there is no way in hell I'm going to say it's a terrible card just because Zelda and Sim City DS does not work. The software is okay as well. Their support however is a joke, I agree there. Regardless, the facts do not matter.

This board is a place to post anything about DSX, weither it's someone that needs help with their DSX or that there has been an update (bet you just laughed). Removing it would be a disservice to current owners of the cart. Do you even own a DSX out of curiosity?

3. PuyoDead

Member PuyoDead Hey! Hey! Oh!

United States
    Although I agree the DSX is pretty much dead (in the sense that it's now the laughing stock of the community), removing its forum doesn't make much sense. There are still discussions going on about it, and there are still people with questions about it.

And I don't think people are saying it's a terrible card because of Zelda and Sim City not working, they're saying that it's terrible for all the reasons that have already been stated. What does relate to those games, is the fact that the DSX team STILL hasn't updated for them. And we all know how quick the DSX team is on getting out updates. We'll be lucky if Zelda is supported when the US release hits.

4. teonintyfive

Member teonintyfive GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    Their support is fine, actually. When you have big problems you can stay for as long as possible to fix it.

5. tanky

Newcomer tanky Member

United Kingdom
    lol, this made me laugh! I wasnt expecting this at all from the topic title, i was expecting to find something like; 'lets all just get along and hug the DS-X, and talk about the happy parts of it'...!

I love accidental humour! [​IMG]

6. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    aw come on, the guys who do have DS-X's will run into a lot of problems, they need a forum where they can get help, coz they're not going to get it from the actual staff.

7. tanky

Newcomer tanky Member

United Kingdom
    I do own a DS-X, and that is the problem that i ran into unfortunaltely. I think the most efficient way of solving all of DS-X's problems is by buying an R4, G6, or Cyclo. Although im finding it very hard to decide right now! It also seems that all the bugs that are current issues with the card can only be fixed by the team, who have evidently buggered off to Hawaii with their profits.

I just got unlucky, since I bought my DS-X before update-1.1.2. (also known as update-team.abandon.ship.)

Im not saying get rid of the DS-X forum, but I do agree that there should be one for the Cyclo.

8. dreadyz

Member dreadyz GBAtemp Regular

France
    I don't plan on buying another slot one cart since I already have two DS-X & an EZ-FlashIV. It's not worth it for me to buy another, just so I can play recently released incompatible roms on the DS-X. I'm sure the team will address the current problems in the next release. There was already an update for the EZ-Flash IV, so if I really wanted to play the Japanese version of Zelda, I could.

We do need this forum though since we can't discuss roms on the official one.