Hardware Put my the sd card of my old 3ds that had cfw in a new 3ds.

Deadfalr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My old 3ds is a bit of a broken mess and i am planning on changing to a new one. Do i have to reinstall CFW ? What would happen if i put my old sd card who's still working in it ?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
My old 3ds is a bit of a broken mess and i am planning on changing to a new one. Do i have to reinstall CFW ? What would happen if i put my old sd card who's still working in it ?
You will have to reinstall CFW, and no games or saves from the old console will work in the new console. If you have a NAND backup you can try to restore the save files. If you have no backups then you should delete the Nintendo 3DS folder, because it will just take up space but not be useable.

Deadfalr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why would it not work though ? I remember putting my old sd in a new 3ds xl and it had luigi's mansion 2 on it. It worked.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could be wrong, but I think it's due to a different moveable.sed. you can extract it from a NAND backup. it will say SEED at the beginning of the file iirc.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just looked at my moveable.sed. it's 320 bytes, so make the hex length that long from where you see SEED at the beginning. as far as tickets go, I'm not sure.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just looked at my moveable.sed. it's 320 bytes, so make the hex length that long from where you see SEED at the beginning. as far as tickets go, I'm not sure.
They would need to put fake tickets on the 3ds otherwise the games would not load. This can be done by using the linked program
https://github.com/ihaveamac/faketik

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So anyway to make a perfect clone of my old 3ds ?
If you do that, if you ever go online to eshop with the new console you cloned to. The eshop will spaz since the NNID is registered to the old 3ds serial number and remove all purchased items as its not the console that owns them.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Why would it not work though ? I remember putting my old sd in a new 3ds xl and it had luigi's mansion 2 on it. It worked.
Because game installs are encrypted per console. You can't insert an SD from one console and have it work in another. If luigis mansion appeared that means it was installed on that console and the files were on that SD card.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He said his old system is broken, so can't do a system transfer
He said it was a broken mess that does not mean it's not working. That could mean some buttons are broke or the screen is damaged ect. He never said it was broke and never worked at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yes that's what she said and what not