Purging all trace of arm9loaderhax without a system format?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by N7Kopper, Nov 19, 2016.

1. N7Kopper
    OP

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

Aug 24, 2014
    Main question is in the title. And when I say "all" I do mean all.Second question. If you buy a DSiWare game, then copy it to SD Card, does the save go with it?

Because I have a long ball plan...

Last edited by N7Kopper, Nov 19, 2016 - Reason: Because people are apparently skim reading, I put huge emphasis on the most important term.
  2. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    You can't just copy dsiware to your SD card. Unless you pirated a .cia online and plan to install it. But how would you do that without A9LH and for the dsiware downgrade it also must be legit.

3. N7Kopper
    OP

Aug 24, 2014
    You didn't answer my question. At all.
    If I bought Fieldrunners on the eShop, then installed the hacked save, would the save go to the SD Card?

Last edited by N7Kopper, Nov 19, 2016
  4. Aletron9000

Aletron9000 3DS Master

May 10, 2016
    United States
    3DS ARM9 CPU
    the save for fieldrunners or any dsi game is stored in NAND. that is why we need a 3ds with arm9 permissions to write to the TWLN part of NAND to change the save of the game so it can be system transferred and used to downgrade.

TheVinAnator likes this.
  5. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Alright that was definitely my bad! Alright so this is how it works, when you buy it, it installs the save to nand also. But something it does after system transfer is copy the game plus save to SD. There may also be something in settings to do this too? Even if you could do it in settings it would most likely be encrypted on top of that.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If you noticed after a system transfer it gives you the option to move it to your SD card. It's probably encrypted though. This is how you would get your dsiware plus save on the other system it copies that backup the system put on the sd card to nand.

6. N7Kopper
    OP

Aug 24, 2014
    I know it's encrypted. That's why my idea involves purging hax without a "format" after buying and installing the game and save. And backing up.

7. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Well uh yeah that's all the info I can provide. If you want to move it to SD you must system transfer.

8. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    The concept in the topic title is inherently wrong, A9LH itself is in the kernel partitions which aren't touched by a system """format""".

That's what a nand backup, made as early as possible during modding (as soon as you can open decrypt9, or even before thanks to hardmod) is for!

9. wiiu more like pee u

wiiu more like pee u GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    so you want to:
    hack fieldrunners save on the hacked 3ds
    move it to sd card via system settings
    put that sd card into the hacked 3ds
    import the save onto fieldrunners so now the unhacked 3ds will have a hacked copy of fieldrunners

It doesn't work. I system transferred a couple weeks ago and it only transferred my nnid, so i redownloaded fieldrunners on unhacked 3ds, and restored my nand back, so now both 3ds had the game, and i followed the steps but nothing. only a system transfer will work