Purchasing a used New 3DS XL. What version to look for.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ELok, Aug 16, 2018.

1. ELok
    OP

ELok GBAtemp Regular

Mar 18, 2010
    Canada
    Hello everyone,

Pretty self explanatory, I'm about to purchase a New 3DS XL on the used marked and, from what I've read so far, the easiest to crack is 11.3 and before.

Since I don't have much experience, I wanted to ask you guys first.

Thanks,
    CEL

2. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    Depends on how much you care--it could be banned from NNID, it could have A9LH (which isn't bad, but you just have to have the exact flies on the OG SD card (clone the SD card if you want to upgrade a 64Gb to 128GB) or it won't load properly (I think)), it could have finger-grease marks from sweaty palms, a weak battery from overcharging and under-dissipation, grime under the buttons, rat piss--if you're an advanced dionico3, cracked hinges (not to be confused with normal hinge "cracks" (as in, sound)), and I guess if it's an IPS or TN (dual, top-bot, bot-top).

I guess throw price in there, along with limited edition. This is all based on how much you care.

3. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    Well not really the easiest, the latest firmware can be hacked pretty easily too with Seedminer, the only thing is that it requires a $2/€2 DSiWare, while on 11.3 and lower it can be done without any costs

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

That... was not what OP was asking for

ELok likes this.
  4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Probably good idea if you asks the seller what firmware is the system on, and then go from there to see which entrypoint method to use to set up CFW.

5. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    I took that as something different.

"Purchasing a used New 3DS XL. What version to look for."

"Pretty self explanatory, I'm about to purchase a New 3DS XL on the used marked "

-Looked like the main interest was buying a used console.
    "from what I've read so far, the easiest to crack is 11.3 and before."

-Looked like separate information.

Potates and tomates.

6. Savior-X

Savior-X Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2015
    United States
    If you decide to go new, I got my n3dsxl snes edition with a free ac adapter for $150 on prime day at Amazon. The deal might come back in some form. It came with 11.5 or .6, I forget, but I used a r4i gold 3ds plus ds flashcart cart for the ntrboot method. Updated to 11.8 np.

Last edited by Savior-X, Aug 17, 2018