Purchasing a new Wii. Are they all 4.0?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by rubejb, Apr 27, 2009.

1. rubejb
    OP

rubejb Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    I understand that the system update 4.0 is currently unable to be soft modded. If someone were to go out and buy a brand new Wii today, are they all updated to version 4.0? If not, is there any indication on the box to let you know what the system version is?

Thanks.

2. CJLopez

CJLopez Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2008
    Mexico
    Only way to know is too buy it, plug it in and lok on the configuration section on the upper right corner.

4.0 has been out for a month already, so it wouldn't be uncommon to see it installed already

3. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    It all depends on whether you are buying old stock thats been stock piled since xmas, or brand spanking new ones.

4. KirovAir

KirovAir Dutch Alcoholic Programmer

Dec 7, 2006
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    If you are fast, it might have 3.4 on it. Just buy is ASAP.

5. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    you could also prob find an old un-updated version used at gamestop or sumthin

6. xDlmaoxD

xDlmaoxD GBAtemp Fan

Jan 12, 2009
    United States
    Nope, they are probably are going to be 3.3, 3.4 if your really bad and somehow nintendo made a new shipment with the 4.0 install. But most likely it will be 3.4.

7. kubas88

kubas88 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 1, 2009
    Poland
    4.0 is relative new and becouse of that it should have 3.4
    My friend will shortly buy a wii if you don't buy it now i'll say you what system menu he 'll have.

8. rubejb
    OP

rubejb Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Yeah, I'm asking for a friend as well. I'll do the same for you if he gets his first.

Thanks again everyone.

9. ssr

ssr Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    I bought my Wii when 3.4 was already out. I got my Wii in November and I believe 3.4 came out on October 23rd and mine was on 3.3u. I would say its safe to assume that they are on 3.4 and not on 4.0 but don't take that as gospel.

10. dun4cheap

dun4cheap GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    There have been reports that system menu 4 has shown up in some areas. However, its not going to really matter in a couple of days, if the info being talked about in the softmii irc room. Time will tell.

11. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    you could buy it... if it has system menu 4.0 on it, brick it and send it in for repair. If you live on the east coast, it will get sent to NY and they might give you a 3.3 system back [​IMG] I got mine back today and it was 3.3