Hardware Purchased used wii - can't get past Health and Safety screen

eosia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have a good look at the cables pluged back the Wii, then reset it and Press A on the WiiMote .

Brad2157

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got back to working on the wii again with my busy schedule. I was able to pick up a gamecube controller and sucessfully got the black screen with the version number in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. I am doing all the reading that I can, but am I going to need a modchip in order to be able to do anything from this point forward now? It seems alot of the savemii frii tutorials are used if the system has been hacked before, which I am to believe that this system has not before.

danicasawyer49

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before you attempt anything else, replace the wii's internal battery with a new one and see if it makes any difference. The battery is the same as a regular PC's CMOS battery, coin-shaped lithium based commonly known as CR-2032. It's accessible by removing a small screw (using a regular phillips head screwdriver) near one of the rubber feet.

Brad2157

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When using a Gamecube controller and entering the recovery mode, I get to the black screen with 4.1(USA) listed in the bottom right corner. I am attempting to update the firmware to 4.3U, but have not had any success yet. I have inserted various wii game discs into the wii after getting to this screen and the disc just spins and the screen goes completely black. Any ideas on how to update the firmware?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The console boots so not all is lost - if you use the SaveMiiFrii combo (all four directions on the Gamecube controller as the console boots), you'll be able to Autoboot an exploitable game and save the console. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the prefered choice since the exploit requires no prior installation and can be launched from the SD Slot - you will need an original game disc though.

ISO-Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the flash card having those folders, channels were saved to the flash and who knows, the previous owner may have wiped system channels.

You bought it for parts, you accomplished your goal! You have a drive, power unit, housing, and etc.. just no system board :)

With that being stated, what parts did your other one need to work?

ISO-Man

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D