Hardware Purchased an RGB cable for my wii, no luck with NTSC games.

Silent Storm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok here is the deal I have a PAL Wii with homebrew channel installed, I am on 4.0E with CIOSCorp, bootmii and preloader installed.

For some time now I have been playing an ntsc version of smash bros brawl mainly because I wanted the latest updates for brawl+ (pal version is shit), the thing that bothers me about all this that I have to force pal50 everytime I want to play it which results in poorer quality and the screen not scaling to fit.

I asked my brother and he said I should purchase an RGB scart if I want to run my ntsc backups in colour without having to force anything thus making everyone happy. I just recieved my rgb scart today and the game still shows in black and white.

So what should I do? I have been meaning to purchase a new TV seeing as this one is too big for my room but is it the TV's fault that it still can't display NTSC games in colour, I tried both ports and they didn't work while the scart works on my moms tv (can display brawl in colour without forcing anything).

I am using GeckoOS to run brawl.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would most definitely be the TV. Some PAL TVs (usually older ones or cheaper models) won't have support for NTSC signals even using component or RGB output.

Silent Storm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I have pretty much come to the conclusion that it is the TV, just tried another one of my dads TVs (a small HD tv with built in VCR full color and the game fit on the screen), damn lol >.>. I hope I get one for my Bday which is in 3 weeks, I might have to choose between a laptop or a TV >.>.

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
Youmay be tempted to play it on your laptop but I would advise against it, mainly because it is a party game and it could be troublesome trying to get 4 people around a single moniter. Also, have you tried changing the boot.dol inside of the iso so that it automatically sets the display at 50hz.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM