Hardware Purchased an original 3DS XL with a "Display issue" questions..

zincmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I purchased another 3DS XL from ebay with a "display issue" it turns on blue light stays on and no backlight sound or screen turning on. It also charges as normal.

Here is what I have done so far based on what I have read online:

• Took it apart and cleaned all contacts and inspected all contacts that are within view - no change
  • Re-seated all ribbon cables - no change
  • removed mother board and tested it in another known working 3DS XL and the board works fine
  • Purchased a new bottom touch screen installed that and still nothing
There is no turning on popping and shutting down. Battery tests at 3.7 V when fully charged

Only thing I can think of is I had a cut right trigger flex cable and replaced it with one from a original 3ds and nothing has changed.

Also there is case damage under above the right trigger so while the hinge still clicks there is a plastic piece which would normally hit against the actual case this plastic piece does come out a little when clicking the hinge to open or close the system. I do not think that has anything to do with it.

Questions:

Would the cable be causing this?
I have tried using a SD card and testing to see if it was soft modded but nothing comes up on the screen in a recovery mode. Have tried recovery mode as well nothing.

I have not checked the upper screen yet but guessing if there was an issue there would be a pop and a quick shut off if there is a issue with a flex cable.

Last edited by zincmann,

zincmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry man i get it LOL Usually people are good about responding quickly. Not sure if its hardware if the mainboard is working unless its a camera / speakers etc.

zincmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And i guess I figured it out. Top screen is bad when you unplug it from the board the 3DS XL powers on so new top screen it is!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night