Hacking Punetwiin for WiiU

Parisu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So a friend Bricked his WiiU and he didnt back up the NAnd, is there any way to conver my own system's Nand and restore it with a hardmod like the program Punetwiin could for regular Wii?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I still wonder if recovery tools can be made like that priiloader on wii, nothing like that exist for wii u does it? I'm sure most of the people don't know how to do NAND recovery without one. This is the kind of stuff that made me wish I had taken such lessons already. :unsure:

Reactions: Parisu

Parisu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nope, without a NAND backup it is dead.
Thats a real shame, he's gonna be pretty sad honestly. I figure it must be more difficult to get a Nand Converter working on WiiU. I suck at coding but I wonder if there's Any Devs out there could maybe lay out the process on how Punetwiin filled the corrupted Nand's flaws and made other NANDS work with other consoles it could be reverse engineered or replicated to fit the WiiU security checks and so.
@Sonic Angel Knight
To be honest all I can do right now is at least make conversation with anyone around, maybe a dev will pick this up as a project and could hatch something that can benefit the community greatly. I mean if any dev could effectively make a Nand adapter for any consoles so many bricks would be saved from the thrash-

Last edited by Parisu,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you at least otp.bin then you could dump the nand with a teansy and you'd able to decrypt it. Without otp its useless

Last edited by Kafluke,

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats a real shame, he's gonna be pretty sad honestly. I figure it must be more difficult to get a Nand Converter working on WiiU. I suck at coding but I wonder if there's Any Devs out there could maybe lay out the process on how Punetwiin filled the corrupted Nand's flaws and made other NANDS work with other consoles it could be reverse engineered or replicated to fit the WiiU security checks and so.
@Sonic Angel Knight
To be honest all I can do right now is at least make conversation with anyone around, maybe a dev will pick this up as a project and could hatch something that can benefit the community greatly. I mean if any dev could effectively make a Nand adapter for any consoles so many bricks would be saved from the thrash-

Even with a NAND converter, you would need your OTP to encrypt the NAND for your console.
I doubt many people would benefit from using someone else's NAND since you need files from your own NAND to encrypt the NAND so you might as well backup your whole NAND with OTP anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.