PunchOut Tutorial Video Cuts off 10 Sec into it.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ILLPLEASA, May 22, 2009.

May 22, 2009
  1. ILLPLEASA
    OP

Newcomer ILLPLEASA Member

United States
    Hey Guys,

Been searching for a bit on this specific problem I've been having in regards to PunchOut. I am running a softmodded 3.2 w/ PreLoader installed (to block the update) and using BackupLauncher to load the game. Game seems to run smooth and plays fine.

I have noticed however, whenever I try to run the Tutorial in the options menu, it plays for about 10 seconds, then cuts off and the game goes back into the Main Menu.

Anyone else have that problem? If so are you running the same 3.2 firmware as me? Maybe it could be a bad backup? If you do not have this problem, what firmware are you running on? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to narrow down what the problem could be. Thanks in advance guys!

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    try using the NeoGammaR2 loader or one of the other Gamma type loaders that have the 002 fix [​IMG]

there are loads of threads on getting Punchout working properly have a look through them for ideas [​IMG]

3. Alexrose

Member Alexrose Untitled

United Kingdom
    Try not running the tutorial.

4. ILLPLEASA
    OP

United States
    With such quality responses as this its no surprise you are past the 200 post mark.. Congrats..

5. bugaveli

Banned bugaveli Banned

United States
    i have the same problem with videos on 4.0 both probs u mentioned, but in usb launcher it all plays fine, so at least it isnt a 3.2 issue i guess, because i have the exact setup u did n then finally upgraded to 4.0 It is very odd tho, wonder why this happens

kobykaan gets his post count from not reading the post at all and telling you to use the 002 fix OMFG, is he serious? GBATemp is the most unique place on the net, as is THE WII SCENE. People dont even read posts, and when they answer they take somethng from a post they didnt read the first time and tell you it will help, when it has nothing to do with anything. Im doubting he even knows what the 002 error is.

6. RadioShadow

Member RadioShadow GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Just buy the game you fools. That will solve the problem. [​IMG]

7. kyle007

Member kyle007 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i have a completely different problem xD apparently my computer doesn't like punchout lol i can burn any other game just fine (in fact i burn one afterwards) but ive gone through 5 discs trying to burn punchout it always gets to exactly like 12% in imgburn then it says i/o device error (and no it shouldnt be a problem with my drive its using DMA and my hard drive also isn't in PIO i even tried burning with the hard drive in PIO just for kicks and it still didn't work lol im so mad xD i guess i'll just buy it haha

8. bugaveli

Banned bugaveli Banned

United States

dude if you dont have nything important to say then STFU. you just want a bigger post count cuz youre a fag
    This is supposed to be a place for help. If you cant solve the problem dont post. Its people like you that makes everyone hate this BS site

9. ILLPLEASA
    OP

United States
    Anybody found a solution to this problem yet? Why do some have it and others don't..

10. thebobinc

Member thebobinc GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    well i don't have your problem i'm able to run the tutorial completely , i'm on 3.2u with cios rev 10 using Hibern cover flow , or usb loader gx , Wanni usb loader 1.5 ,

maybe a shrink copy that is missing some file ???

just go rent the game and dump it into your usb drive , should fix your issue

also have preloader 0.29 with update block ,

you speaking about backup launcher maybe also can be your media selected ....

try usb loader instead ...

11. houseonfire

Member houseonfire GBAtemp Regular

United States
    How is saying to buy the game not important?
    You want to play the game so bad, go out and buy it.
    It's that simple.

With the effort put forth to patching shit and going on here and dealing with peoples "stupid answers" to your stupid question; you could have gone out and gotten a job to pay for the actual game.

12. supermodchips

Member supermodchips GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Attempt to just burn the game again at about 6x to see if it is an error with the iso or the disk.

13. Scriber

Newcomer Scriber Member

Ireland
    It has to be something to do with the 3x speed limitation on backup DVD's, must not be buffering enough information and it cuts off. It used to happen to me until I transferred it to USB and used it in a USB Loader, it works perfectly now.

14. Smack

Member Smack GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Jeebus this thread is a hilarious disaster,

But as many in here have said if you are running off a backup disc the 3x limitation of the Backup Loader is the problem. Similarly if you try WarioWare Smooth Moves you will run into stuttering intro videos much like some early mod chips did which were limited to 3x.

Just my 2 cents.

15. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    what's odd is i burned my copy at 2x and my turitoar gets cut off along with some cinema's also... i can't rember what ones through...

16. RadioShadow

Member RadioShadow GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I love it when noobs insult people. [​IMG] Keep the post related to the topic!

The point was the error doesn't occur if you use an actual copy or run it on speed 6x (USB Loader).

17. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    Well my backup DVD runs fine @ 3x it does load a tiny bit slower than the retail disc but the videos work fine. The FMV are not that big and Smack the OP is saying the game resets, not has lagging video btw. It's you cIOS & loaders problem here.

18. beamquaker

Member beamquaker Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    i am loosing total respect and faith for this site it use to be a great place to get info and help .

19. clonesniper666

Member clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

United States
    Like all the others said it is the 3x limitations of the read speed for softmodded wiis. The tutorial is essentially just one long video which when it can only be read at 3x the wii can not buffer it properly, leading to it resetting back to the options menu. Sothere probably will never be a fix for this problem because it is truly not that big of an issue, since you can see the controls in the option menu as well and they show up fine. That is what I believe and you can listen to it or not it is your choice.

20. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    Nope, or everyone using a softmod and backup would be the same.

It is you cIOS REV and loader. My bakup worls on Rev13a and NeoGamma, others have used different loaders and cIOS revs and it's worked too, so it is NOT the 3x speed limit.