Hacking Punch-Out: Unable to read the disc.

Manic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently downloaded a Punch Out (Wii) ISO, and burned it. I tried to play it through the disc channel (with cMIOS installed), but it gived me the "Unable to read the disc." prompt. All of my other discs work except for this and NSMBWii, but NSMB is what I am not focusing on right now. I want to also be able to play on a regular backup launcher, but NONE of the backup launchers work for me. GCN backup launchers, do work however.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Do you have a CIOS installed? Also, if you want it to work through the disk channel, I believe you need to have both A) the System Menu trucha bugged, as well as the B) IOS of the game you want to play. Thirdly, CMIOS won't help you launch these games. That's for Gamecube backups.

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cMIOS is for GameCube only. You can read about the MIOS here:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/MIOS

You'll need to install a cIOS such as IOS222, IOS223, IOS249, or IOS250 and then use a backup launcher such as USB Loader GX which launches via USB HDD as well as burned DVD-R.

Useful guides:
http://wiihacks.pbworks.com/Hack-Your-Wii
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

cIOS55 is not useful to you for launching backup Wii games. cIOSCORP is not useful in general, these days. It's causing more headaches than soothing Wii action. Of course, some people are having success with it, but it goes against my recommendation.

Manic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have installed those cIOS's with xzxero's tutorial, and I still get the same results.

QUOTE said:
One more problem.. NeoGamma, Gecko, or WiiGator's backup loaders work. Whenever I try to load them up, I get a blank screen with no menu. NeoGamma asks if I have a Gecko in slot B, and when I press A, nothing happens. Is it that I'm missing an IOS or something?
Like this, this is WiiGator's loader.:
snapshot20091125z.jpg

This is what I still get with ANY available backup launchers. There's also the green Gecko symbol on the bottom of all of them that is lit up on all of them as well.

Manic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, good. It loaded.
tongue.gif

However, when loading the game from the disc, I get an error that blends in with the words on screen. EDIT: Using NeoGamma R8.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Can you see what Neogamma says now that you don't have the GC freezes? You should be able to read it better than Wiigator, I'd imagine.
tongue.gif

Manic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's only NSMBWii, a copy. All of my other copies and actual bought games work though with no problem.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just wanted to make sure. Thought we were dealing with one of those silly new Wiis for a minute. The ones that don't allow burned disks of any kind. Anyway, that error's got me stumped, but I'm thinking. Hopefully someone else will chime in. Is CIOSCorp completely gone from your system? I'm just wondering if leftovers from it could be causing issues.

Manic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it's still on there. I only keep it because I like seeing the channel screens on the menu for the burned games.
biggrin.gif

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, if you must have it, are you using the latest version, which I believe is 3.5? Perhaps you're missing the IOSes that NSMBW and Punchout need.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They both use IOS 53 according to AnyTitleDeleter. I would check to see you have the IOS, and make sure it's CIOSCORP'd if you want it to work in the disk channel. Do you have another Wii you can try the disks on? It could possibly be a bad burn too.

Manic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, IOS53 is on the list in the System Titles area in Anytitle deleter. It might be a bad burn or ISO. I used CloneDVD2 to burn the disc, since Nero ran out. Though, it seemed to work on one of my GCN ISOs, but not the Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes.

Manic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It turned out to be a bad burn. Thanks for the help.
biggrin.gif
Now what I need to know is what to do with the used discs..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.