Punch Out System Update

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by moonknight, Aug 11, 2009.

1. moonknight
    OP

moonknight Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2009
    Canada
    Hi guys, I did a search on this and I did find some threads on this topic. But I just couldn't understand what everyone was talking about. So I just want to create a thread hoping you guys will give me a simple answer.

I'm using a Wii with a mod-chip running 4.0u. I already have homebrew installed.

So my question is: Is it safe for me to do the system update that comes with Punch Out? Or is better to installed something to skip the update (and what do I install?)

Thanks in advanced.

2. tanis698

tanis698 GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2009
    United States
    i am pretty sure punch out comes with 3.4 update. is it a retail game disc or one you got somewhere ? if you are on 4.0 i don't think there is any games atm that have 4.0 on them yet.

3. moonknight
    OP

moonknight Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2009
    Canada
    It's a burnt copy.

So yea I have 4.0 already. If it's the firmware is 3.4 on the Punch Out game, then why is it still asking me to update? And what do I do? Just update or find a way to skip it?

4. zektor

zektor GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 29, 2005
    United States

Just use startpatch and stop all disc updates. I did this some time ago and can run everything just fine without being hassled to "update".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice