Punch Out System Update

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by moonknight, Aug 11, 2009.

Aug 11, 2009

Punch Out System Update by moonknight at 10:18 PM (705 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. moonknight
    OP

Newcomer moonknight Advanced Member

Canada
    Hi guys, I did a search on this and I did find some threads on this topic. But I just couldn't understand what everyone was talking about. So I just want to create a thread hoping you guys will give me a simple answer.

I'm using a Wii with a mod-chip running 4.0u. I already have homebrew installed.

So my question is: Is it safe for me to do the system update that comes with Punch Out? Or is better to installed something to skip the update (and what do I install?)

Thanks in advanced.

2. tanis698

Member tanis698 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i am pretty sure punch out comes with 3.4 update. is it a retail game disc or one you got somewhere ? if you are on 4.0 i don't think there is any games atm that have 4.0 on them yet.

3. moonknight
    OP

Newcomer moonknight Advanced Member

Canada
    It's a burnt copy.

So yea I have 4.0 already. If it's the firmware is 3.4 on the Punch Out game, then why is it still asking me to update? And what do I do? Just update or find a way to skip it?

4. zektor

Member zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States

Just use startpatch and stop all disc updates. I did this some time ago and can run everything just fine without being hassled to "update".