Status
Not open for further replies.

Xarec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
look, guys. i know this has been said a million and one times already, but with 11.1 recently being released, i kept reading the same question over and over again, "does rxtools still work?" "how do i use gateway to install kl9h??" "will updating break my 3ds??" et cetera.

now despite the fact that it's ok to update with rxtools, that doesn't mean people should still use the fucker. nintendo doesn't really care all that much, but if they suddenly were to start caring, rip.

theres no real reason for your average plebian to keep using rxtools. think about it, do you even know what features rxtool provides? no? then why stay. nand backups are also very bad with rxtools, so u should stay away from that.

instead, you should move over to luma. instead of using old stupid shit like RXTools, you can use decrypt9. decrypt9 is just better, get over it. most other features that rxtools has are buggy anyway, so ur not really losing out on anything.

now look, to address some stupid concerns, changing your CFW will not turn your 3ds into a brick, nor will it break all your saves and games. rxtools is not locked to your system, so u can just change that bitch. this seems to be a common misconception. people think they will break something by swapping cfw, and therefore stick to worse shit.

your nands are safe, ok?

here is a link on how to update to luma so you can be a real man.

"but this requires effort!"
not really, it only takes a few minutes

"why fix what isn't broke? rxtools works ok for me"

well good for you, but rxtools is broken and unfinished. it has always been unstable, but it was the best alternative at the time of it's release. bugs could also be fixed when it was actively being worked on, but now it's just dead in the ground. all bugs will remain there, and eventually it might just fuck your 3ds hard enough to kill it.

"but i like rxtools!"

why do you like it. if you like rxtools, you would luma even more. it's stable, better, and does pretty much all the same shit that rxtools does, with some minor exceptions.

now moving onto gateway. no, don't use it, if you use it, then ur a horrible human being.

the end.

hopefully this will help with getting more people off of rxtools and gateway. we don't have nearly enough of these threads.

thanks.

Reactions: Deleted-379826
D

Deleted-379826

Uhhh a bit aggressive but not to say I don't agree!

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
instead, you should move over to luma. instead of using old stupid shit like RXTools, you can use decrypt9. decrypt9 is just better, get over it. most other features that rxtools has are buggy anyway, so ur not really losing out on anything.

luma is great and all, but I don't think it is proper to call RXTOOLS SHIT

First, it was one of the first CFW, toolset and homebrew for the 3DS, withouth Roxas' research, along side y8, yifanlu, smea, stark and all the great devs, luma, decrypt9 wouldn't be as mature as they are right now. I think RXTools deserve that Respect.

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so im horrible for enjoying my dumps to be playable in .3ds format for easy drag n drop play?
And having the ability to convert them to .cias later (through my pc) to install on my home menu for the long term?

Good to know.

Yes gateway is more than pointless for the majority with cfws like luma available (which i also have installed with AL9H) but it is no way yet obsolete.

Last edited by kingsora831,

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what I gather is that you have little firsthand experience with either platform, and you blatantly paraphrased @Crystal the Glaceon 's thread and slapped Gateway in here so that you can serve as maybe a helpful user.

Well, personally, I disagree. With Gateway anyways. You didn't provide any details but you're probably the type of person to say "omg gayeway will brivk uuiuuuiuu!!!!!111".

You make good points about rxTools, (albeit they aren't your pointed) but the difference between that and this is, one, Gateway still gets support, and two, Gateway has its own set of uses while also having the ability to be used alongside FOS CFW.

Kliffcom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I still use my gateway and fully happy with it. I don't really see the point in this thread since there is already one for RXtools . I also don't understand why using my old gateway makes me a horrible human being...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Like said above, we already have the exact same thread here : https://gbatemp.net/threads/psa-stop-using-rxtools.441784/
we don't need duplicates where users will post their exact same opinion in both. We better keep a single and complete thread about telling users to stop using RXTool and why.

Another note : you just plagiarized his thread and made the same wording and grammatical mistakes.
Please, write your own thread or don't post anything and use the existing ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1