The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WHY SO SAD?

wait, I mean

RELEASE TEH FOKIN GAME ALREADY!!!11!!11oneone!!!!1eleven

Stop tweaking the frikin thing so much, you gonna blow it all up!
sf2.png

Is anyone else so... err.... antsy?

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
They are actually balancing every move from every character. They re re do the graphics and it seems that T. Hawk (Tony Hawk's dad?) is gonna have a smaller head.

COME ON!!!!!!!!

dawn.wan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the game is balanced enough.. its only been out for... over a decade since sf2...

bring this game out capcom!!!!!!!!!!!111

i just want to kick some ass online with guile......... lol =)

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not only do they need to release this on consoles, but they need to make a DS Street Fighter already. It doesn't have to be that 2.5D version that's all-new, just a good 2D SF that has ALL the characters ever used in the SF universe. Anything less the 2 dozen characters is worthless nowadays, especially when you consider those MUGEN homebrew games on PC with over 100 characters. 8-12 characters just doesn't cut it anymore.

So how many characters are there supposed to be in this new SF game? There better be a lot of them.

I'm still waiting for an RPG that incorporates SF style fighting for the battles.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder said:
Not only do they need to release this on consoles, but they need to make a DS Street Fighter already. It doesn't have to be that 2.5D version that's all-new, just a good 2D SF that has ALL the characters ever used in the SF universe. Anything less the 2 dozen characters is worthless nowadays, especially when you consider those MUGEN homebrew games on PC with over 100 characters. 8-12 characters just doesn't cut it anymore.

So how many characters are there supposed to be in this new SF game? There better be a lot of them.

I'm still waiting for an RPG that incorporates SF style fighting for the battles.

By any means this is not a NEW Street Fighter game, it supposed to be just and updated version or Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo Remix with better graphics, then they started burning money on "balancing" issues.
Rumor has it that Street Fighter 4 will see the light of day on other consoles than the announced ones (PS3/360/PC). Only time will tell.

Oh and about the mechanic, have you tried the old "Tales of" series of games?, Tales of Destiny 2 had a very interesting fighting mechanic, even the powers were summoned by doing moves such as the Hadoken.

wiki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rayder said:

lmao most random shit to wait for. what kind of rpg did you have in mind? MMORPG? turn based? real time battles? tactical rpg? maybe namco x capcom can get you warmed up.

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiki said:
Rayder said:

lmao most random shit to wait for. what kind of rpg did you have in mind? MMORPG? turn based? real time battles? tactical rpg? maybe namco x capcom can get you warmed up.

MMORPG's suck balls. I don't have time for that online-only crap. Turn based SF? Are you on crack?

Just like all the other RPG's on the market....you do all your quests and whatever....when it comes time to fight, you fight SF style. How hard is that to understand?

Level-ups would be new moves or weapons. It could be one of those one-man-against-the-evil types or a sort of tag-team battle if it used multiple characters for the questing. I don't see why that's such an outrageous thing to hope gets made one day. All this fight-the-next-guy, fight-the-next-guy simpleton stuff gets old real quick. Put a story and an adventure to it. Spice it up a bit, make it interesting.

Hell, even a Streets of Rage type game with some more complex fighting would be nice. Remember Karateka? Like that but with more SF-like fighting techniques and not just simple punches and kicks.

Graphics keep getting better all the time, but the actual gameplay hasn't really changed much in years. It is time for these companies to at least TRY to do something new......even if it's just mixing a few genre's together to create a new experience.

I've been playing games since the days of Pong, so excuse me if the same stale crap getting regurgitated over and over again doesn't impress me.

Yes, I'm in a crappy mood tonight. Don't take it personally. I'm just venting.

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiki said:
Sorry, it's just that there are so many branches of RPG's that i don't know what you were getting at.

Like I said, don't take it personally. All work and no play makes Rayder a grouchy bastard. Peace.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
The main delay was the fact they were using 6-tone shading for the characters, and realised after doing a fair few, this took ridiculously long and so went back and did everything in 3-tone (or was it 4? I forget). One other issue was the fact that they were originally trying to fit everything in for the old XBLA file size limits (which probably means they spent pointless hours on trying to re-do their compression format).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I like electronics that use detachable cables, that way if the cable breaks you can just swap in a new one instead of replacing the whole unit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Ween-er :creep:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    they make brown music. lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Brown note
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    for keyboards, headphones or controllers ,it's a must have
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why mice won't get with detachable type c
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    most battery operated mice don't even work anymore if the internal battery dies
    the L hdmi adapters work great on my tv and receiver. so much less stress on the ports using them than regular cables. in that instance anyway.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A bigger battery could defeat the need for weighted magnets tbf
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Nowadays pc mice come as light as can be, liked mine with some heft
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like holding girth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I also listen to Beck, some of their songs are fine. Only found out about them through Windows Me; you know, that one operating system nobody ever likes?
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out