Public announcement to Capcom about Street Fighter 2: HD

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by VVoltz, May 8, 2008.

1. VVoltz
    OP

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    WHY SO SAD?

wait, I mean

RELEASE TEH FOKIN GAME ALREADY!!!11!!11oneone!!!!1eleven

Stop tweaking the frikin thing so much, you gonna blow it all up!
    [​IMG]

Is anyone else so... err.... antsy?

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    What is the freaking hold up with this thing anyway?

3. VVoltz
    OP

Bolivia
    They are actually balancing every move from every character. They re re do the graphics and it seems that T. Hawk (Tony Hawk's dad?) is gonna have a smaller head.

COME ON!!!!!!!!

4. dawn.wan

Member dawn.wan GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    the game is balanced enough.. its only been out for... over a decade since sf2...

bring this game out capcom!!!!!!!!!!!111

i just want to kick some ass online with guile......... lol =)

5. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    I WANT THIS GAME SOO GOD DAM BAD !

will there be online ?

6. Eternal Myst

Member Eternal Myst Back from the Myst.

United States
    SWEET~What is this for?What console.

7. Mucuna

Member Mucuna GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    I belive it'll be downloadable from the PSN Store.

Probably X360 too.

8. VVoltz
    OP

Bolivia
    True, online only, PSN and Live.

9. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Not only do they need to release this on consoles, but they need to make a DS Street Fighter already. It doesn't have to be that 2.5D version that's all-new, just a good 2D SF that has ALL the characters ever used in the SF universe. Anything less the 2 dozen characters is worthless nowadays, especially when you consider those MUGEN homebrew games on PC with over 100 characters. 8-12 characters just doesn't cut it anymore.

So how many characters are there supposed to be in this new SF game? There better be a lot of them.

I'm still waiting for an RPG that incorporates SF style fighting for the battles.

10. VVoltz
    OP

Bolivia
    By any means this is not a NEW Street Fighter game, it supposed to be just and updated version or Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo Remix with better graphics, then they started burning money on "balancing" issues.
    Rumor has it that Street Fighter 4 will see the light of day on other consoles than the announced ones (PS3/360/PC). Only time will tell.

Oh and about the mechanic, have you tried the old "Tales of" series of games?, Tales of Destiny 2 had a very interesting fighting mechanic, even the powers were summoned by doing moves such as the Hadoken.

11. wiki

Member wiki GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    lmao most random shit to wait for. what kind of rpg did you have in mind? MMORPG? turn based? real time battles? tactical rpg? maybe namco x capcom can get you warmed up.

12. Rayder

United States
    MMORPG's suck balls. I don't have time for that online-only crap. Turn based SF? Are you on crack?

Just like all the other RPG's on the market....you do all your quests and whatever....when it comes time to fight, you fight SF style. How hard is that to understand?

Level-ups would be new moves or weapons. It could be one of those one-man-against-the-evil types or a sort of tag-team battle if it used multiple characters for the questing. I don't see why that's such an outrageous thing to hope gets made one day. All this fight-the-next-guy, fight-the-next-guy simpleton stuff gets old real quick. Put a story and an adventure to it. Spice it up a bit, make it interesting.

Hell, even a Streets of Rage type game with some more complex fighting would be nice. Remember Karateka? Like that but with more SF-like fighting techniques and not just simple punches and kicks.

Graphics keep getting better all the time, but the actual gameplay hasn't really changed much in years. It is time for these companies to at least TRY to do something new......even if it's just mixing a few genre's together to create a new experience.

I've been playing games since the days of Pong, so excuse me if the same stale crap getting regurgitated over and over again doesn't impress me.

Yes, I'm in a crappy mood tonight. Don't take it personally. I'm just venting.

13. wiki

Member wiki GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Sorry, it's just that there are so many branches of RPG's that i don't know what you were getting at.

14. Rayder

United States

Like I said, don't take it personally. All work and no play makes Rayder a grouchy bastard. Peace.

15. The Teej

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    The main delay was the fact they were using 6-tone shading for the characters, and realised after doing a fair few, this took ridiculously long and so went back and did everything in 3-tone (or was it 4? I forget). One other issue was the fact that they were originally trying to fit everything in for the old XBLA file size limits (which probably means they spent pointless hours on trying to re-do their compression format).