jalaneme

Female Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
are they completely safe and won't brick your psp slim? do you have to install add ons to use them or is it drag and drop? is there certain ptf files that can only be used on certain custom firmwares? or can they be used on any firmware regardless?

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
PTF themes is a feauture Sony added themselves, so it shouldn't cause bricks or whatsoever. The themes work on 3.70+ firmwares and I believe the format is still the same so it shouldn't matter what the firmware is, if it's higher then 3.70.

To install it, just put it in the PSP\THEME folder and select it at the Theme settings where you also can change colors and stuff...

jalaneme

Female Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
PTF themes is a feauture Sony added themselves, so it shouldn't cause bricks or whatsoever. The themes work on 3.70+ firmwares and I believe the format is still the same so it shouldn't matter what the firmware is, if it's higher then 3.70.

well from what i have heard someone said that custom themes work and official sony ones don't, what does that mean? how can you tell if the ptf file is official or a custom one? also there are loads of psp themes out there, none of them show what firmware they are created for, are they safe to install on 3.71 firmware without bricking?

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well, older cfw themes and some current ones wrote to the flash (they arent ptf's) and ptf dont right tothe flash

unnoficial ptfs wont write to the flash aswell

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive had no trouble with themes... I downloaded a pack of about 200 and tried most of them with out any issues.
Besides, if your PSP has a CFW then you can just restore it if anything goes wrong.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i don't have a pandora battery to restore if it bricks nor do i know how to use one... thats why i want to know what i am installing before i put these files onto my psp.

anyways i will take your word for it and just try the theme files once my psp slim arrives.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
i don't have a pandora battery to restore if it bricks nor do i know how to use one... thats why i want to know what i am installing before i put these files onto my psp.

anyways i will take your word for it and just try the theme files once my psp slim arrives.

You don't need a pandora battery to restore it if its a CFW PSP.
All you need is the recovery files and when its bricked, just put them in PSP/Game/
and when you turn on the PSP hold R and select the second option to restore the PSP.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
You don't need a pandora battery to restore it if its a CFW PSP.
All you need is the recovery files and when its bricked, just put them in PSP/Game/
and when you turn on the PSP hold R and select the second option to restore the PSP.

ah...i see, well that seems easy enough thanks god.

Remy669

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
PTF = Official Sony

Other ones = Custom Firmware
nyanya.gif

If it is a PTF file, you can even use it on official firmwares.

Topic Closed.

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah ptf themes dont have problems, but there are some themes that you have to copy to flash0 on the psp, which could brick the psp. But some of these are pretty awesome, like the 360 one and serenity one, check them out.

screenshot049.gif

download from this link.

Serenity
82472470qd4.png

download from this link.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end